Bad performance only on COD

Ravendarat

So my friends son bought a prebuilt during the GPU shortage as it was the only way he could get a card at the time. I cant remember off the top of my head if it was ibuypower or CyberPC but its kind of irrelevant. Its got a 5900x and a 3080 as well as 32gb RAM in it running windows 10. Any game you throw at it is handled as you would expect a system with those specs to handle. The exception is COD. If he has it on low settings its playable in the 60-70 fps range but if he tries to go any higher on the graphical settings it drops to like 20 fps or less, sometimes just freezes up apparently. Any idea what the issue could be or what I should start with for T/S? Could this just be a broken driver that would be fixed using DDU and a fresh install? Would a driver affect only one game? Im kind of at a loss here on what could cause this

12 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

So my friends son bought a prebuilt during the GPU shortage as it was the only way he could get a card at the time. I cant remember off the top of my head if it was ibuypower or CyberPC but its kind of irrelevant. Its got a 5900x and a 3080 as well as 32gb RAM in it running windows 10. Any game you throw at it is handled as you would expect a system with those specs to handle. The exception is COD. If he has it on low settings its playable in the 60-70 fps range but if he tries to go any higher on the graphical settings it drops to like 20 fps or less, sometimes just freezes up apparently. Any idea what the issue could be or what I should start with for T/S? Could this just be a broken driver that would be fixed using DDU and a fresh install? Would a driver affect only one game? Im kind of at a loss here on what could cause this

Is this in Warzone/Cold War?

37 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Would a driver affect only one game?

Yes, you'll want the most up to date driver for that buggy mess of a game. 

If that doesn't work then a clean install of the game. 

Double check first though that your screen resolution settings are matched to what you actually have.  The game defaulted mine to 4k even though I was using 1440 whenever it updated.  

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

Is this in Warzone/Cold War?

Ya whatever the newest one is.

43 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Yes, you'll want the most up to date driver for that buggy mess of a game. 

If that doesn't work then a clean install of the game. 

Double check first though that your screen resolution settings are matched to what you actually have.  The game defaulted mine to 4k even though I was using 1440 whenever it updated.  

Ok ill check that, could be a resolution issue now that you say it