Haf-Life 2 series now native on linux

Now available in beta on steam: the complete Half-Life 2 series native for Linux.

Anyone care to share experiences: how well it works and what fps with what drivers?

Now available in beta on steam: the complete Half-Life 2 series native for Linux.

Anyone care to share experiences: how well it works and what fps with what drivers?

I should think HL2 would run very well on integrated graphics alone

Is it free to test/play or do you have to own it.

I think Lost Coast is free

Although this is great progression, I think It'll be a long time until Hardcore gamers can run Linux as their primary operating system, and still play the games they want.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I would run Linux, but yeah, only if all the programs I use were compatible with it. You have goldscr games like the original Half Life as well working on Linux as well as a lot of indie games.

Hope for more in the future anyways. I don't want the future to me Windows!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

ubuntu hates my GPU, graphical glitches all over the place

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

ubuntu hates my GPU, graphical glitches all over the place

Lolz, yup, that's Ubuntu alright, you might want to go with a tier-one GNU/Linux distro instead. The tier-one distros are Debian, Arch Linux, Fedora/RedHat/CentOS, OpenSuSE/SuSE, Mageia/ROSA, Gentoo and Slackware, in no particular order. Maybe give Manjaro Linux a try, it's still in beta officially, but it's really great as a gaming distro and it's very close to Arch, it's fully Arch based, has Steam preinstalled, has a ported Mint installer for ease of use, it's fully AUR compatible for a wealth of software, and has the finest hardware detection/driver install utility ever. For a gaming rig only though, unless you're experimental, I would go with a tier-one distro for a productivity rig or a hybrid rig. Ubuntu and it's derivatives are arguably not the best of GNU/Linux, well up until version 10.04 it was very nice, but after that, well...