Logitech G502 Lightspeed wireless VS Glorious Model O Wireless

PcBeExpensive

I can't decide which one I should buy.
I need a full comparison and opinions (stuff like value too)
I will be playing shooters, scrolling through the web and games that will require fast mouse movements.
Please give em opinions and why I should go with what mouse.

The only reason reason that turned me away from Model O wireless was the RGB and the fact that I can't sync it up to armoury crate or Icue. G502 has barely any RGB and they are about the same price.
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/51786/glorious-model-o-wireless-gaming-mouse-matte-black
https://www.amazon.com.au/Logitech-Lightspeed-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B07S4JRHNJ

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Model O then as it's like half the weight. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Model O then as it's like half the weight. 

but does 60g really make a difference?

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Or can I sync up model o the icue?

My First PC

Just now, PcBeExpensive said:

but does 60g really make a difference?

immensely. I have the G502 wireless on my desk and other comparable mice to the Model O include a PUC Ergo, Logitech G Pro Superlight, Steelseries Prime and I can hands down tell you the lighter the mouse in FPS, the better control you will have. I have 2 copies of the Model D somewhere in my house, probably in my closet or basement, but you get the idea. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Or can I sync up model o the icue?

sadly no. To my knowledge, the only mice that work with iCue are Corsair's own mice. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

I own them both and those two happen to be the models i've used the most recently. Choosing a mouse, over anything else, comes down to personal hand comfort. I switch mice a lot for fun and had the Model O Wireless last and am now using the G502X Lightspeed. I cannot understate that for me, the G502X is significantly more comfortable and feels more "substantial". The Model O feels like something I'm going to break in comparison. 

The Onboard Memory Manager software is also miles better than both the Glorious Core software along with Logitech's own GHUB. Small executable, doesn't install, doesn't run in the background. Just make your changes and hit save and close the app, everything is stored on the mouse. 

Extremely happy with it and I'll probably keep this as my main for a while. 

image.thumb.jpeg.281c9b12afea0233e1abf906f5287a23.jpeg

The one thing I want to add is that I went from a Razer Viper Ultimate to a G502X, and I was very impressed with the battery life. It might not seem like it will matter since you can charge and use it, but I hate being tethered. Plus, I have ADHD and always forget to charge it ahead of time. The dock on the viper ultimate helped to remind me visually to charge it. With the G502 it just lasts so long. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

7 minutes ago, P e r s e p h o n e said:

The one thing I want to add is that I went from a Razer Viper Ultimate to a G502X, and I was very impressed with the battery life. It might not seem like it will matter since you can charge and us it, but I hate being tethered. Plus, I have ADHD and always forget to charge it ahead of time. The dock on the viper ultimate helped to remind me visually to charge it. With the G502 it just lasts so long. 

I have the non-Plus model so no RGB (useless battery drain) and for me its 6 weeks to two months to a charge which is great. 

Ok so I reckon I should go with a Model O wireless.

My First PC

6 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Ok so I reckon I should go with a Model O wireless.

If that's what appeals to you more. Mine is in the drawer permanently and this G502X isn't leaving my desk. 

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If that's what appeals to you more. Mine is in the drawer permanently and this G502X isn't leaving my desk. 

but do you play games that require fast mouse movemtns. Or do anything that requires fast mouse movements? Because use case makes a big difference.

My First PC

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

but do you play games that require fast mouse movemtns. Or do anything that requires fast mouse movements? Because use case makes a big difference.

Sure. Have for 15 years since mice were much heavier, hasn't made a difference. Those tiny lightweight mice just aren't comfortable for me. 

43 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Sure. Have for 15 years since mice were much heavier, hasn't made a difference. Those tiny lightweight mice just aren't comfortable for me. 

so are you saying that weight does not make a difference.

My First PC

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

To me.

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

To me.

heavy emphasis on to you here. To me even in small wrist aiming in sub 20cm where weight theoretically does less in helping you to aim, it does help. It depends a lot on how they stop and start a mouse movement, but especially stopping. If you mainly rely on your mouse weight and your mousepad friction then yes, heavy mice does help in here. If you rely on your wrists and fingers, lightweight mice is heavily favored.

There's no wrong answers to picking a mice, only bad quality and discomfort is the objective bad. As a footnote relating to the latter, id love to know OP's hand size, grip type, and budget.

image.thumb.png.78a7f5986505ea2a94e035ac8ee98d98.png

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I mean this is pretty subjective and personal. As someone who used the original G502, G502X, and the Razer Viper Ultimate I can say it might not make a difference. When I went from the original G502 to the Viper Ultimate I felt a big difference. Subjectively, it felt like I was performing better. Though I'm still roughly platinum in most games. Going to the newer G502X I felt it was really heavy for a time, but eventually got used to it. My aim is still the same... 

Personally, I'd still want a lighter mouse, but the G502X just has more benefits for me atm. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️