In game ghosting

Hey there, so I used to be able to run F1 2021 just fine without any problems on my pc when I was using older nvidia drivers. When I tried to update to the newest drivers I started to notice heavy ghosting on in the front antenna and a significant reduction in quality, this issue was only in F1 2021. I tried reinstalling the game, nothing. I tried speaking to nvidia support who told me to change a bunch of settings in nvidia control pannel, nothing. I tried completely uninstalling the new drivers and reinstalling the old drivers, again, you guessed it, nothing. I even found an old thread on here that said to try swapping out the dlss file and that didn't work either.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this. I'm thinking of just reinstalling Windows at this point.

image.png

image.png

That's ghosting created by Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) or DLSS. Try disable both and see if it goes away. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 3 weeks later...

Disabling it just reduces the quality, I never had this issue before I'd like to just go back to playing with DLSS on and having no problems with ghosting...

21 hours ago, festiveelephantseal said:

Disabling it just reduces the quality, I never had this issue before I'd like to just go back to playing with DLSS on and having no problems with ghosting...

Ghosting is quite common with graphic feature that rely on temporal image/data. 

I've remember Steve from Hardwareunboxed mentioned several time with F1 game in few of their videos. 

You can try swapping DLSS version, maybe one of the version is ghosting free for F1 21

https://github.com/beeradmoore/dlss-swapper

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 4/2/2023 at 8:59 PM, festiveelephantseal said:

If you have frame generation enabled, you should disable it. Also chose KTAA instead of TAA. Generally this is an issue with TAA. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |