Corsair cable vs nvidia adapter for 4090

Ashino

Hello, I just have a simple question regarding the 600w pcie 5.0 12vhpwr type 4 Corsair psu cable. I know it makes things a lot more neat in comparison to the nvidia adapter that is supplied with the card and I know both cables are rated for 600w, but something about using less wiring to supply the same amount of power makes me feel like its potentially more dangerous to use. I already have the Corsair cable and plan to use it when I get my Msi Suprim X 4090 soon with my 1200w corsair PSU. Is the Corsair cable safe to use with the 4090 or at least just as safe as the Nvidia adapter?

Its not LESS cabling that you should be worried about, its Cabling that doesnt need an adapter. Remember its a new standard of cable, so the different pin outs and such are for the proper 12v cables, where the older 8 pin has the different 12v amounts. Since you need 4 8 pin cables to get the amount needed. the 12v HPWR connector cuts out all the adapters and works just fine. If it wasnt safe to use it would not have passed QC and such. Its not a no-name PSU vendor so.

I agree with them,I would trust and use the corsair cable over any adapter,Its less ugly and corsair made it for their own stuff and is fully tested to wor.