LTT Wallet Suggestion - for large card capacity

I remember a while ago, some time in 2022, Linus was talking about how LTT wallet development was going. They had renders of a pretty standard looking wallet with logos and orange.

Linus mentioned that he needed a large card capacity, in a slim form factor.

-----------------------

I want to share my experience and perspective, because I feel that I relate to Linus' perspective but already have a good solution for it, and want to share. Maybe it will be useful info as the LTT wallet is developed.

I think the solution is pretty simple: don't have each card in its own pocket (hold them as a stack instead). This removes having a sleeve of material between each card, which adds up when you have more than a dozen cards in a wallet.

One implementation of this idea is the wally bifold: https://distilunion.com/products/wally-bifold . Which I happen to have and love dearly (I have v5.0)

Here is my daily loadout:

one.thumb.jpg.c2d84609fccb521c88b6b1825d49b4b2.jpg

* 8 standard size credit cards

* 1 Thick HID card

* 1 Thin plastic insurance card

* 1 Thin paper card

* 5 US Bills and 1 US Vaccine card, folded in the bifold

And here is it put into the Wally Bifold 5.0:

two.thumb.jpg.4aff8632b3d3797efc1e7465001a4862.jpg

I think the concept works really well. I like the feeling of using the magnetic pull tabs, fanning out the cards and grabbing the one I need, and then sliding it back into the fan and pushing them back in. I also like being able to pop one stack out, push everything in except for my transit card so that the transit card is held on one edge by the wallet so I can scan it with one hand on the picky card readers that can't read through anything, and then push it back in really quickly as I get on the bus. I hate fumbling and wasting time as I get on a bus:

three.thumb.jpg.9943f2a6fd9f4d5065fc32804d47ac8d.jpg

--------------

Cheers. I doubt I'll be able to be converted away from this wallet but I would love to be surprised.

PS Can't wait for the summer bamboo lightweight sweatshirt

The Ridge Wallet is something popular these days.

I don't know that LTT would feel an ability to outdo ridge wallet, so they probably won't.

But if you haven't seen the ridge, I am thinking of getting one.

or just use phone based contactless payments for everything like everyone else does. 
I usually tuck a few bills in my case between the phone back and the case just in case. 

19 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

or just use phone based contactless payments for everything like everyone else does. 
I usually tuck a few bills in my case between the phone back and the case just in case. 

That is nice & all, but just as I always have some cash on hand. I will always have at least 1 card with me, not to mention my card for taking the bus/trains(there is a scanner & they haven't added mobile support) & my health insurance card. if I'm traveling ill have my EU health insurance card with me.

there is a lot of reasons to still have cards on you, even if it isn't a credit card. so that isn't an option for "everyone"

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

5 hours ago, Razercake said:

they haven't added mobile support

my condolences 
I seem to get by with just pictures of health and stuff like that but I've only had to use it once. 
You could also tuck a card or two in your passport but ehh it's not for everyone I guess. 

13 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

my condolences 
I seem to get by with just pictures of health and stuff like that but I've only had to use it once. 
You could also tuck a card or two in your passport but ehh it's not for everyone I guess. 

I'm looking to get a passport "wallet" when traveling out of country to fit a few cards as well, but travel in country I wouldn't have it with me. sadly, since tech isn't quite up to date everywhere there is still a lot of reasons to have multiple cards on hand. was only a couple year ago they managed to let you have a drivers license on ur phone, so ye its a little slow here x)

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.