LTT Screwdriver + iFixit bits - 3D Model

asher95

Found a model that allows you to use iFixit bits with the LTT screw driver, so you get the best of both worlds.

If this isn't the right place to post this, please feel free to move it to the right place.

LTT2iFixit.stl

I'd worry about putting too much torque on tiny fasteners using a big screwdriver. 

Also; iFixit doesn't put one of those in their kits?  Maybe they also worry about people breaking bits or heads off tiny screws with a big driver.  I have 2 sets of 4mm bits for electronics work, one by Kobalt and a no-name one, both have the 1/4" to 4mm adapters included but I've never used them. 

31 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Also; iFixit doesn't put one of those in their kits?

They do:

image.thumb.png.060f5e71fa466e1bdaa9a8fd8e4e35eb.png

Idk why OP felt the need to make another

ETA: looking at OP's model I think I can see where they're coming from, the standard adapter doesn't put the bit in contact with the magnet in the handle so the magnet's weaker, and it does stick out pretty far, which OP's model would fix. I don't think that it would be particularly strong printed in plastic, though.
image.thumb.png.4724c281e751026e6dd3e185c8ef50a0.png

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Yeah, I guess the advantage of an adapter like that would be to put the 4mm bit in contact with the magnet. 

Something that small I'd just print it at 100% infill.  I've printed gears for my mini-lathe out of polycarbonate and they hold up very well.  For the small amount of torque needed with using most 4mm bits any plastic should be fine.

So with my ifix it kit the magnet on the screwdriver does have enough force to hold the bit threw the adapter kind of. Not sure if we can post links to amazon so I wont but I picked up a wiha 758 and does have a magnet in it little pricier then I think it should be but it works.