Just setup my new PC

skaran27

Hey guys, I just got everything up and running the first thing I wanted to do was run league of legends see if I get better frames than my last computer. What is some other stuff I should do first? What programs should I use to check out bench marks etc. I started league and everything was LAGGING hard. I had 13 fps..I didn't download any drivers for anything yet.,

You should go to your motherboard manufactures website and download the drivers for all components.

Also, without any sort of drivers, your gpu is nothing. It will clueless be running computations in any particular order it can.

Put in your mobos driver disk, and download your grapics card drivers

Don't do that. Always get the latest from Nvidia's website.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Don't do that. Always get the latest from Nvidia's website.

hum? sorry if i wasn't clear, thats why I said download:P 

hum? sorry if i wasn't clear, thats why I said download:P 

Alright I see now. You should do the same for all drivers though.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Alright I see now. You should do the same for all drivers though.

yeah, i always download my wifi drivers:D all jokes aside, download any drivers you can, temp monitors, and check all that out before running any games

DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!
also, GPU overclocking software would help too

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Drivers omg

HWMonitor

OC Software

GeForce Experience or AMD's thing

Games

Unigine Valley or Heaven

Just got a score in the 3000s running at ultra settings. Using the 780ti is that good?

Just got a score in the 3000s running at ultra settings. Using the 780ti is that good?

On Valley? Yeah that's really good, I think I get around 2800 on the Ultra HD preset while HEAVILY ocing my 780 to about 1380MHz

On Valley? Yeah that's really good, I think I get around 2800 on the Ultra HD preset while HEAVILY ocing my 780 to about 1380MHz

no i think it was Unigine

no i think it was Unigine

Yeah same thing he was talking about Unigine Valley Benchmark.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Download and install all the drivers, then:

1. Run Prime95 for 6 to 12 hours to ensure stability of the system. (While checking temps)

2. Check HDD - Crystal Disk Info.

3. And maybe Memtest86 just to be sure.

But that´s just me. I like to be absolutely sure :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler