Stupid question about microstuttering!

NullAmbitions
Go to solution Solved by 91wow,

The idea is to use the second GPU to handle the load of the two other displays and the main one takes the full load of the game. One GPU does one display and the other does two.

Yeah, but if they are in xfire/sli they will both be under the same load while in gaming even on one screen, adding a second or third won't change that.

Stupid Question: Will it affect me if I'm only using one card to game and the other to drive the rest of the displays.

So the first card does a centre display and the second card does the other two but the game is only played on the first display.

Stupid Question: Will it affect me if I'm only using one card to game and the other to drive the rest of the displays.

So the first card does a center display and the second card does the other two but the game is only played on the first display.

If you have two of the same GPU just use 1 card for all the displays, you will see no performance increase/decrease in using it differently.

If you have two of the same GPU just use 1 card for all the displays, you will see no performance increase/decrease in using it differently.

The idea is to use the second GPU to handle the load of the two other displays and the main one takes the full load of the game. One GPU does one display and the other does two.

If you do see microstuttering while running both cards together, only using one card to drive the game on a single display could help to alleviate the issue..

However, I would only 'downgrade' to one card if you personally are extremely bothered by microstuttering.. Ultimately, no one else can really tell you what will or won't look good in your eyes, so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. If you personally don't see any stuttering when both cards are running together in CF/SLI, you should probably just leave them running together as they are right now. Just because a report on the internet says "[this] solution is theoretically better than [that one]", you don't need to change your setup if you are happy with the way it is..

Edit: If you have two identical cards and three identical displays, I would use the cards in SLI or CF and span the games across all three monitors in Eyefinity/Surround, provided you have enough GPU power to drive games at 5760x1080 (or whatever the resolution would be)..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

If you do see microstuttering while running both cards together, only using one card to drive the game on a single display could help to alleviate the issue..

However, I would only 'downgrade' to one card if you personally are extremely bothered by microstuttering.. Ultimately, no one else can really tell you what will or won't look good in your eyes, so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. If you personally don't see any stuttering when both cards are running together in CF/SLI, you should probably just leave them running together as they are right now. Just because a report on the internet says "[this] solution is theoretically better than [that one]", you don't need to change your setup if you are happy with the way it is..

Edit: If you have two identical cards and three identical displays, I would use the cards in SLI or CF and span the games across all three monitors in Eyefinity/Surround, provided you have enough GPU power to drive games at 5760x1080 (or whatever the resolution would be)..

I'd only be playing on one screen. The idea is to not have the game and displays run across the two cards together. Just trying to avoid microstuttering. I'll try dual cards first.

Yeah, but if they are in xfire/sli they will both be under the same load while in gaming even on one screen, adding a second or third won't change that.

if runing a game on one a the desktop on the uther screen just run one card that can run how ever many screens you need it won't hit the framrate at all in my experince no reasont to get to cards if your not runing them together, i did 3 screens on a 7770 that way for a wile

CPU:FX 4170  OC @4.7Ghz MB:ASRock 990Fx Extreme3 RAM:12Gb ddr3 1333 Team and some random ram GPU:2 HD 6970 OC 950 MHz in crossfire Case:Coolermaster 430 elite and all the geto water cooling

Ok, I didn't fully understand Crossfire but I do now :)