Will corsair Rm1000x shift fit in lianli lancool 3?

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
26 minutes ago, Ulitochnik said:

Who to trust?

image.png.6f68613e58fbb41272e6721bf1ae4529.png

image.png.b4f95cb075a7c496d04d5a1b9d340bbc.png

Tight fit at only 40mm tolerance. If you struggle with the cable management, you can just remove both of the 3.5 inch bay. Theyre removable.

Corsair website says that they are compatible, while lianli subreddit says that its not. Who to trust? Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Ulitochnik said:

Corsair website says that they are compatible, while lianli subreddit says that its not. Who to trust? Thanks.

I ran your parts through a site that does just what you are asking for, it checks the sizes and compatibilities of all the parts.

According to the site they do in fact fit together. check the link below.

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/tBMQcb

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/tBMQcb

Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€179.90 @ Globaldata)
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€225.66 @ PC Componentes)
Total: €405.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-04 11:57 WET+0000

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

26 minutes ago, Ulitochnik said:

Who to trust?

image.png.6f68613e58fbb41272e6721bf1ae4529.png

image.png.b4f95cb075a7c496d04d5a1b9d340bbc.png

Tight fit at only 40mm tolerance. If you struggle with the cable management, you can just remove both of the 3.5 inch bay. Theyre removable.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€225.66 @ PC Componentes)

I was asking about Rm1000x Shift. But still thanks👍

23 minutes ago, Ulitochnik said:

I was asking about Rm1000x Shift. But still thanks👍

I'm sorry, I wish I could have helped

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

Corsair doesn't provide the dimensions. Not too much of a surprise since they don't like to document well. You could have either gone into support chat with Corsair (Lian Li doesn't appear to offer anything other than a webform) to get this info or searched for it online. Yes, it can be time-consuming and irritating, and you may have to infer some data based on external dimensions, but at least it gives you an idea.

According to Hardware Busters, the Shift's dimensions are (W x H x D): 150 mm x 85 mm x 180 mm. Weight: 1.88kg (4.14lb).

It's a little difficult to determine the PSU space available. However, if you look at the data provided on the Lancool III page, you can get that, too. Apparently, Lian Li neglected to consider that customers would want this information provided. Sometimes, manufacturing companies are stupid when it comes to providing useful info because they rely too heavily on the marketing team, which thinks about how to seduce you into buying, not how to make sure you have all the info you need.

image.png.ee458c22d8f0e3b47ae0567cf5c3a036.png

From this, we can see that the width going to be more than enough for not just the PSU but also the side-cabling Shift feature.

image.png.cd7c54fd80e11fc7606fe95f495d9dbb.png

I find this odd, because the above picture clearly shows the space is 220mm but, apparently, that's only after removing a HDD cage (below). Assuming you don't need any HDDs, though, no big deal. Or just get a different case that doesn't cause you extra effort.

image.png.50131c0c0c6fc8302f38f77d1ae32f8e.pngimage.png.832c74571bb81b825c2c6369d520cfda.png

The lack of data on the height of the PSU cage is nothing short of STUPID. They spend so much time engineering this to be a build-friendly case and then forget important info. Again, a great example of lack of communication between engineering and marketing. I was unable to locate the height but, given that it's only 85mm tall, I would say it should fit. However, you could contact computer stores and see if they can measure one in stock for you, or contact Lian Li if you want to make absolutely certain.

image.png

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 hours ago, Ulitochnik said:

I would trust the case subreddit. The big issue with Shift PSU is that power connectors are on the side, not the end of the unit. While the unit will fit in the case, I doubt there is enough clearance with the case side for comfortable wiring.

Sift PSU would likely be a good fit in cases that allow PSU to be mounted 90 degrees from the conventional position.

-base-rmx-shift-series-psu-config-Galler

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, brob said:

I would trust the case subreddit. The big issue with Shift PSU is that power connectors are on the side, not the end of the unit. While the unit will fit in the case, I doubt there is enough clearance with the case side for comfortable wiring.

Well I already bought it( will hope for the best outcome. Now need to wait for delievery. Thanks everyone! I will inform does it really fit or no, maybe someone will need this info in the future.

13 minutes ago, Ulitochnik said:

Yes it does fit in the lianli lancool 3)

How easy is the cabling?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, Ulitochnik said:

Yes it does fit in the lianli lancool 3)

I'm glad that I was correct. I'd also like to know what it was like doing the cabling.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

13 hours ago, brob said:

How easy is the cabling?

For someone building first pc it was hard. But ig people that are more experienced will have less issues

2 hours ago, Ulitochnik said:

For someone building first pc it was hard. But ig people that are more experienced will have less issues

Could you please describe the challenges you experienced, aside from figuring out what plugged into what? Too bad you didn't make a video to share. 🙂

On 3/4/2023 at 5:29 AM, Ulitochnik said:

It fits easily.

Source: My build is literally a Lancool III and RMX Shift

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

• 2 months later...

That Lian Li response has to be at least the second biggest marketing fail involving Corsair products in social media platforms. Misinformation that can actually hurt their sales and they are the ones that put it out there. Lucky to find helpful people doing the sane thing and trying after seeing it fit with no issues in even smaller cases like p400a.