Windows 11 issue, pressing Windows + P doesn't bring up the dialog box... mostly

Protongog
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

Did you upgrade from Windows 10 without a complete reinstall? I did the same and had software bugs all over the place. After a fresh reinstall of just Windows 11 everything works.

I recently installed a 6800xt and all is well, except I am now unable to use windows + P shortcut to bring up the multi monitor dialog box, it flashes onscreen for a second but is blank and disappears. Now I realise I can do this by right clicking the desktop, but it will not give me the very handy option " PC screen only". i am demented by it. 

Shut down the running AMD software perhaps?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

31 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Shut down the running AMD software perhaps?

I uninstalled it and it made no difference 

Did you upgrade from Windows 10 without a complete reinstall? I did the same and had software bugs all over the place. After a fresh reinstall of just Windows 11 everything works.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I have had windows 11 since launch on a new install with no issues and I really don't want to reinstall. I haven't got time. 

When you said you uninstalled them, did you use DDU?

Did you try older drivers?

I had a very similar issue when I updated my AMD GPU drivers. I had to use DDU them and re-install them.

Now it worked.... well.... Ctrrl+P and my 2x displays worked.... I lost DSC support and HDMI 2.0 support... so my displays could no longer use their appropriate refresh rates. Rolled back drivers, everything worked as before. Attempted to re-upgrade the drivers, and DDU again, and was back with the same problems in both cases. Rolled back again everything worked again.

Seems to be simply AMD GPU quality drivers in action.

All to say, DDU uninstall your AMD GPU drivers, and install the older driver Adrenaline 22 and see if it helps, before reinstalling Windows 11.

I used DDU when I installed the new GPU but not recently. I will give that a shot and report back.