A Fair Price For Used RTX 3070, RX 3070 Ti, RX 6700 XT

PiberiusWilde

I'm looking into building a new rig. I don't have much and I'm willing to buy used components. I've been looking into a graphics card for a while now and recently found some used RTX 3070, RTX 3070 Ti, RX 6700 XT. I just want to know what's your opinion for a fair price of these "used" cards or at least tell me how much this cards worth in your country.

I won't tell how much they are. I only want to compare it to your opinion, and I will make my decision based on that. And no these are not ex-mining cards.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

6 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

I won't tell how much they are.

why not? you can tell us , it's fine , it's more information for us to help you.

that being said , you can just look at sold listings for any gpu you'd like on ebay. it'll show exactly whats tending price wise. thats mostly how hardware unboxed does their used gpu metrics

Well in my country the prices for new are:

RTX 3070 - 536eur+

RTX 3060 ti - 427eur+

that automatically makes the RTX 3070 a stupid purchase as RTX 3060ti is just very slightly slower

RX 6700 XT - 394eur+

RX 6750 XT - 429eur+

these cards match or beat RTX 3070 in most games so it makes also no sense to go for RTX 3070. Sure, you don't get the same Ray Tracing performance but I personally couldn't care less about that.

RX 6800 / 6800 XT are mostly unavailable ... RX 6900 XT is for some reason more expensive than RX 6950 XT but at their price point you can almost get RX 7900 XT so...

I would pesonally not get RTX 3070 at those prices at all, if you want the NVIDIA features check RTX 3060ti and get that if it's significantly cheaper than RTX 3070. Also I would not pay more for used RTX 3070 than what a brand new RX 6700 XT costs. And I would likely struggle to justify even that high of a price for used 3070.

6 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

I'm looking into building a new rig. I don't have much and I'm willing to buy used components. I've been looking into a graphics card for a while now and recently found some used RTX 3070, RTX 3070 Ti, RX 6700 XT. I just want to know what's your opinion for a fair price of these "used" cards or at least tell me how much this cards worth in your country.

I won't tell how much they are. I only want to compare it to your opinion, and I will make my decision based on that. And no these are not ex-mining cards.

an official store 6700xt here is 400 bucks at least, used its around 350-380

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Would be useful to know what region you live in. 🙂

My person opinion on it would be 3500 DKK for the 3070 and 6700xt and maybe up to 4000 DKK for the 3070ti.

But I have personally decided to wait for next Gen for now in hopes for better power efficiency 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

RTX 3070 = 261 USD

RTX 3070 Ti = 294 USD

RX 6700 XT = 255 USD

Note: May not be actual conversion rate, I just used google.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Just now, PiberiusWilde said:

RTX 3070 = 261 USD

RTX 3070 Ti = 294 USD

RX 6700 XT = 255 USD

Note: May not be actual conversion rate, I just used google.

suspiciously cheap, you sure those are not scams?

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

suspiciously cheap, you sure those are not scams?

These were used for gaming internet cafe computers. Even that they only accept in store purchase, so I will verify them anyway. And yes I have checked their place on google, it exist and has good reviews as well.

Edit: Grammar fix

Just now, PiberiusWilde said:

These are for gaming internet cafe computers. Even that they only accept in store purchase, so I will verify them anyway. And yes I have checked their place on google, it exist and has good reviews as well.

If you think that's legit and can verify it then you may as well just grab that 3070ti.

But I have doubts these are legit, the prices are way too good to be true, especially that RTX 3070ti. I haven't seem them go under 500eur ever (on used market) and typically cost around 700eur new (also stupid price).

2 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

These were used for gaming internet cafe computers.

the taxicab/surplus police vehicles of pc parts , kinda makes sense why they are cheap , i wish you luck if you go for one.

Just now, WereCat said:

If you think that's legit and can verify it then you may as well just grab that 3070ti.

But I have doubts these are legit, the prices are way too good to be true, especially that RTX 3070ti. I haven't seem them go under 500eur ever (on used market) and typically cost around 700eur new (also stupid price).

There's also one interesting item they sell. A Ryzen 7600X for 110 USD.

For the graphics card, it kinda makes sense, maybe they've upgraded their pc, but for the CPU.....

Fair is kind of subjective but if you are getting anywhere close to MSRP its an easy not worth it. My personal rule is I never pay more then 60% of MSRP for a used item, if its more then that I just buy new. For the extra 40% I get piece of mind knowing if there are an issues I can do an exchange and I have full warranty.