The new TV rig. Sorta kinda.

AlienALX

Afternoon all. So last night I very begrudgingly stripped down all of the work I had spent three days doing LOL. Curse of the 1000 cable ties ffs. Any way, I messed around and got some done. The front fans are in. For some reason it fooled me into thinking I could get 4 in there, but it actually takes 3. This is fine, it is more than enough.

QKkAoPv.png

I don't have the last 3 yet, so I put one up top for now. It has been blacked on the exhaust side like those front ones. I need to do that to two more.

K2JaqkZ.png

And.

nrePC4g.png

Very happy so far, though it may need a mod. I don't want the PSU cable cover thing covering the PSU, I want it perfectly lined up with the end. I don't think that is going to happen unless I drill a new hole in it to move it forward a bit more. IDK, will have a measure up in a minute and see what my options are.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

OK so today I had a bit of a choice to make. Take the cable apart and braid the wires in paracord, whilst also repinning the GPU side wires (as they were piggy backed) or, come up with something else. I would have done the former as I have the paracord, but then I noticed one of the wires was doubled and I just wasn't in the mood. I then realised I had tons of those Super Flower cables left in black, and, some were already made into doubles. And so.

0yTWtUv.png

I have held it up next to the Asus cables and it just looks a bit shinier but otherwise the same. That will do for me. I have to make some fan stickers in a bit, and then that will be the bits done here.

OK so with the PSU taken care of and all ready I moved over to cutting more fan sticker covers.

WV67Tws.png

I have also now fitted all of the rubber corners to them and packed them back in the box. I won't be home now for about 10 days, but I will be ready when I get there.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I got home yesterday afternoon. I then started work. Contrary to belief you CAN move the PSU shroud. At this point I had all of the fans in (ignore the one in the floor, that will become permanent later when my mate prints me a stand) and it was up and running.

Ie8rdq1.png

I can't change the PSU colour because none of the splitters and connectors I have are those ghastly horrid ones. You know? this crap.

R8bkS7i.jpg

Well, aside from the ones on the mobo. As such I needed that to connect it, so I have ordered it. Should be here later, then I can 100% finish it for now. Like I said, I would like a fan mount for the last fan and I want to make a cover for under the bottom of the rad to hide those cables from view. Talking of which. I did the best I could.

0V0ZFQY.png

That said I am more than happy with it. The way the rig stands you won't see it any way.

maICyxX.png

All of the neons are now fitted. I broke down Modular last week as I am giving a friend the internals (well, all of it but the GPU, that is going to another mate) and I wanted my desk back. The case is proudly on display now. Any way, couple more.

QRGhCzH.png

tNuLYuM.png

As you can see I made a decal too.

God I am stupid. I ordered the splitter last night, then checked the PSU box again. It came with a 3 pin locking cable as well ffs. Thankfully Lian Li include a lot of splitters with their fans for the RGB, and they break out from 4 pin to a 3 pin too. What caught me off guard (and why it ended up back in the box) was the connector from the PSU only has two wires.

Then it dawned on me that it's because it nicks its 5v from the PSU. DOH.

As such another hour rolling around on the floor was enough to finish it. And man, it's stunning.

FAMEhOF.png

EnuTyr1.png

JUEW8ZA.png

fCRmN8V.png

b7B3FO4.png

rw2vgno.png

My PC is ready, my game key is ready, my wallpaper is ready and my body is ready. BRING ON THE ZOMBIE CURB STOMPING !

• 2 months later...

OK so it was all going so well......

I got DI2 through an AMD key. Installed it and set it up to run 4k. First time I have ever used HDR, wow. Problem is combat felt laggy, and I was dying a lot. So I enabled FSR and it ran so much better. Problem is? whenever I accessed the inventory it ran like crap. Same with the menus, and the workbenches. Seems this whole new thing about AMD and FSR only is going to continue, too. So, begrudgingly I dropped it to 1440p and disabled FSR. My buddy and I completed the game (scam, it's only half a game ffs) but really did enjoy it, and we are going back to do all of the side quests this weekend. Well, not all of them this weekend 😄

Any way, I wanted to put it back to 4k. Also after reading the news about AMD being a bit like, dickish with FSR and no DLSS I did not want to buy an Nvidia GPU. I mean I will be honest, I just did not want to buy an Nvidia GPU. Whilst I do see AMD as being dickholes over this situation it is nothing Nvidia would not, and have not done in the past.

I also found out that another game I have been waiting for since FO4 (Starfield) is going to be more of the same. I know the 2080Ti won't cut it at 4k.

Soooo, I might have bought a 6950XT. I am not rewarding AMD for this behaviour, but I do need a new GPU. I have had the 2080Ti for 4 years now, and it shows. I feel like it is still the lesser of two evils, and at what I paid? I will be honest it is the cheapest high end GPU I have bought in many years. The last GPU to cost less was my used Titan Maxwell, but from then on they all cost more. Like my Titan XP, which I bought 1 month old for £675, and my 2080Ti which cost £1500, and my 6800XT which cost me £700 9 months ago for the Strix LC model. So at £619? yeah I gotta say it is amazing value. Can't see AMD making much out of it tbh, not with a big old die like that.

JgvV6Tt.jpg

There was an XFX model that was ever so slightly cheaper, but it looks a bit cack. Not befitting of this PC.

Oh yeah, whilst I have been gaming I might have fitted this too.

5pNK522.jpg

It was £60. I suppose it is not worth asking "why" really. At that price it was more of a "why not?"

I did get an award on 3dmark though ! "Keep a cool head". Get through the benchmark with your CPU at under 45c 😄

kgS09yu.jpg

I then played the game so much I forgot to take any more pics, but it is all back in one piece until the new GPU arrives.

lYG2dxm.jpg

FngyQwW.jpg

Free gaming mat. Cool, I need a new one.

v1O3bpS.jpg

The escape key is a nice touch too.

9NR9kcY.jpg

Hoping to get it in today.

Goodbye old friend.

jO6fMDC.png

bDBUzyS.png

5YsiTOO.png

nKHMtgM.png

Time to play this again, this time at 4k.

glYarGi.jpg

So I decided to turn my £55 cooler into a £410 Asus one lmao.

fuyRqs3.jpg

Cost me £24. I already grabbed the software. Looks very easy to use, too.

BG60aTj.png

Will create my own. Also has the tools in there to do so. Apparently they have AIDA baked into them somehow, so they are a lot easier to use. Of course the housing will be going in the bin. CNC has been dormant for quite a while now, so I feel something custom to clip onto the pump head coming on.

Grabbed some materials.

TyU0o0V.jpg

8DQCQr8.jpg

And converted this into something I can use.

KwPWT3y.png

• 1 month later...

OK so the run of tremendous luck just continues.....

The first thing I decided to do was beef up the CPU a little. RL prices are on the floor now. So, I bought a 11700KF for £140. The AIO has been annoying me. I mean sure, it was cheap AF but the uncontrollable rainbow farts are doing my head in. So once again I thought I would splash a large sum of money on a better "looking" AIO. Just to control the lighting. Then this happened.

b1aTb8W.png

I had to didn't I?