LF cheaper alternartives for my mid-range build

Budget (including currency): 400€ (up to 600€)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Genshin Impact, Minecraft, Discord streaming (no twitch high bitrate stuff)

Other details: RTX 2060 and PSU already owned (from a previous upgrade) the monitor is a 1080p 60hz,

Part list:  https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/Trentonx/saved/Rgbh99

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€140.97 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€91.98 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Kingston FURY Renegade 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€64.48 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€76.00)
Video Card: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Video Card  (Purchased For €0.00)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€67.98 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Azza PSAZ-650B14 650 W ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For €0.00)
Total: €441.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-24 17:12 CET+0100

My notes:

Stock Cooler from what I've seen is good enough (temp-wise) for the non-X cpu, and if I want to get a Cheap model (around 30€ like the DeepCool Gammaxx 400 V2 or a Hyper 212 evo v2 for 40€) I'll get the same noise output at higher temps so maybe I can work on the fan curve and hope for the best vs spending an extra 40€ on a "not that big of a difference" solution. but I'm open to see your experience or tips if you've had to use the stock cooler on a similiar build.

Motherboard: seems like one of the cheapest I could find with Bios compatibility out of the box. I checked: https://imgur.com/ZkhWDuF on the Mobo site and it seems that the oldest revision of that board which supported the 5600 came out in 2022/01/13, it's over a year ago so it shoudl be safe to get. (in the image it's a screenshot of the latest revision instead! I didn't took a second screenshot but I got the date)
let me know if you think I can go lower (B450?) and still get a strong chance of out of the box 5600 support.

RAM: honestly I've went with the cheapest 3600 kit I could find, they also ahppen to be CL16, good I guess. they aren't listed in the QVL but they are a common model so it should work fine.

Storage: I always go with MX500, this is for a friend who's not tech savy so I was also considering the perk of being able to plug the drive into an external reader for any possible issues, plus I doubt she'll feel the difference at boot or gaming between a Sata and an NVME, closest I could find are Crucial P5 Plus 1TB or Sabrent SSD 1TB for 110€ (I avoided all Dramless SSDs and didn't check for QLC vs TLC, should I? it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference on this price range, but let me know if otherwise)

GPU: we are lucky, it's so beefy that at fullHD she'll have no issue for the forseeable future, I picked that CPU because I didn't want to go with a 1600 or a 2600 for the sake of budget since I could squeeze a 5600 for around 400€ thanks to the GPU already be present. also for some reasn the 3600 on Amazon italia is 100€ more. so hooray! I guess.

Case: the cheapest one that doesn't have finger-cutting sharp aluminium, a small form factor limits our search of a Mobo but cheaper mobos are mini/micro anyway, feel free to suggest better options, (Cheaper models I've found have bad airflow or are made of pure cinesium with images of crumbled cases during shipping lol)

PSU: I know I know.. but it was able to feed an OC cpu and a 2060 playing games like Cyberpunk 2077 so I'll say we give it a go, and if cant' keep up with the new system, it was due to a change anyway and I've managed to keep the budget low so it won't be a heavy hit.

Overall for 450€ to upgrade I feel confident it's a good system, for the objective we are well within the performance room given my stretch to get a recent CPU instead of an older model. I saw that the Intel competition for that performance level was higher on amazon + the Motherboard and the stock cooler issue I didn't research much into team blue but if you have a good combo let me know

thanks again for your time to reply to this post 🙂

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

I was gunna say you could bump the 5600 down to a 5500, but upon further research that actually seems like a bad idea.
I thought it was just a bumped down Ryzen 5600 but apparently it's a cut down 5600g.
Which makes me feel bad because not knowing this I put one in my GFs computer LMAO

The Q300L is a good budget choice. I built aforementioned 5500 PC in one and it was (for the price) great. The "glass" is plastic so no worries about dropping it and overall it offered great features for the price (IMO).
I'm not entirely up to date on the latest stuff (as shown above), but it seems like this is about as good as you'll get for the budget without tanking performance.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

41 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

Budget (including currency): 400€ (up to 600€)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Genshin Impact, Minecraft, Discord streaming (no twitch high bitrate stuff)

Other details: RTX 2060 and PSU already owned (from a previous upgrade) the monitor is a 1080p 60hz,

Part list:  https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/Trentonx/saved/Rgbh99

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€140.97 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€91.98 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Kingston FURY Renegade 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€64.48 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€76.00)
Video Card: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Video Card  (Purchased For €0.00)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€67.98 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Azza PSAZ-650B14 650 W ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For €0.00)
Total: €441.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-24 17:12 CET+0100

My notes:

Stock Cooler from what I've seen is good enough (temp-wise) for the non-X cpu, and if I want to get a Cheap model (around 30€ like the DeepCool Gammaxx 400 V2 or a Hyper 212 evo v2 for 40€) I'll get the same noise output at higher temps so maybe I can work on the fan curve and hope for the best vs spending an extra 40€ on a "not that big of a difference" solution. but I'm open to see your experience or tips if you've had to use the stock cooler on a similiar build.

Motherboard: seems like one of the cheapest I could find with Bios compatibility out of the box. I checked: https://imgur.com/ZkhWDuF on the Mobo site and it seems that the oldest revision of that board which supported the 5600 came out in 2022/01/13, it's over a year ago so it shoudl be safe to get. (in the image it's a screenshot of the latest revision instead! I didn't took a second screenshot but I got the date)
let me know if you think I can go lower (B450?) and still get a strong chance of out of the box 5600 support.

RAM: honestly I've went with the cheapest 3600 kit I could find, they also ahppen to be CL16, good I guess. they aren't listed in the QVL but they are a common model so it should work fine.

Storage: I always go with MX500, this is for a friend who's not tech savy so I was also considering the perk of being able to plug the drive into an external reader for any possible issues, plus I doubt she'll feel the difference at boot or gaming between a Sata and an NVME, closest I could find are Crucial P5 Plus 1TB or Sabrent SSD 1TB for 110€ (I avoided all Dramless SSDs and didn't check for QLC vs TLC, should I? it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference on this price range, but let me know if otherwise)

GPU: we are lucky, it's so beefy that at fullHD she'll have no issue for the forseeable future, I picked that CPU because I didn't want to go with a 1600 or a 2600 for the sake of budget since I could squeeze a 5600 for around 400€ thanks to the GPU already be present. also for some reasn the 3600 on Amazon italia is 100€ more. so hooray! I guess.

Case: the cheapest one that doesn't have finger-cutting sharp aluminium, a small form factor limits our search of a Mobo but cheaper mobos are mini/micro anyway, feel free to suggest better options, (Cheaper models I've found have bad airflow or are made of pure cinesium with images of crumbled cases during shipping lol)

PSU: I know I know.. but it was able to feed an OC cpu and a 2060 playing games like Cyberpunk 2077 so I'll say we give it a go, and if cant' keep up with the new system, it was due to a change anyway and I've managed to keep the budget low so it won't be a heavy hit.

Overall for 450€ to upgrade I feel confident it's a good system, for the objective we are well within the performance room given my stretch to get a recent CPU instead of an older model. I saw that the Intel competition for that performance level was higher on amazon + the Motherboard and the stock cooler issue I didn't research much into team blue but if you have a good combo let me know

thanks again for your time to reply to this post 🙂

Ram: Try to get 32GB. If all you play is 2 games listed not a big deal but if you are trying to play newer games it is worth it and not that much expensive https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/c2BG3C/kingston-fury-beast-32-gb-1-x-32-gb-ddr4-3200-cl16-memory-kf432c16bb32

SSD: That board does have a M.2 NVME slot so there is no reason to not use a NVME. Get P3PLUS or something along those line https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/chzhP6/crucial-p3-plus-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-ct1000p3pssd8 (P3 will cost less than MX500 But deliver better overall experience) (Dram doesn't going to make a difference for you in this case) There is NVME to USB Adapter things you could use to connect NVME Externally similar to Sata to USB) Kingston NV2 is also a good choice for saving a buck.

Case: Overall it is a good case but it will be a limiting factor when it comes to upgradability NEW GPUS are BIG You could get a better ATX case for cheaper and get some fans https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/b9tKHx/deepcool-matrexx-55-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-dp-atx-matrexx55-mesh (In total cost the same as CM case) Not a bad choice for what it is.

PSU: doesn't recommend doing that at all. it isn't exploded already doesn't mean it never will. IF you have left over money get a Better PSU. 

1 minute ago, Gokul_P said:

Dram doesn't going to make a difference for you in this case

Are you confident? the common sense was to always get Cache on your SSD, expecially a boot drive.

adding an NVME drive means I'll also have to check the pcie lanes distribution between CPU/chipset on budget boards, (this one seems to have enough lanes for a x16 gpu and a x4 ssd apparently)

2 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

I have a Meshify C that looks extremely similiar in terms of shape/space, and mounting a Full sized ATX was a real pain because of the low clearance in the bottom. luckily it does have extra room on the side so I don't have the same issue on the side as well as I did while mounting my compact mid tower.

I'll check what PSU I can get for that piece of mind, thanks

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

6 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

Are you confident? the common sense was to always get Cache on your SSD, expecially a boot drive.

adding an NVME drive means I'll also have to check the pcie lanes distribution between CPU/chipset on budget boards, (this one seems to have enough lanes for a x16 gpu and a x4 ssd apparently)

NVME SSDS are already Pretty Fast and making even faster is not noticeable at all. You should check TBW, Random Write/read , Seq Write/Read performance than It has DRAM. And PCIE lanes You shouldn't have to worry about it 99% of the modern boards comes with 16X for GPU and atleast 1 X4 lane for NVME. 

11 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

I have a Meshify C that looks extremely similiar in terms of shape/space, and mounting a Full sized ATX was a real pain because of the low clearance in the bottom. luckily it does have extra room on the side so I don't have the same issue on the side as well as I did while mounting my compact mid tower.

The board is Micro Atx So not going to be a problem. 

58 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

NVME SSDS are already Pretty Fast and making even faster is not noticeable at all. You should check TBW, Random Write/read , Seq Write/Read performance than It has DRAM. And PCIE lanes You shouldn't have to worry about it 99% of the modern boards comes with 16X for GPU and atleast 1 X4 lane for NVME. 

The board is Micro Atx So not going to be a problem. 

thanks! this afternoon I'll try and check with a cheaper SSD to sneak into more ram.

2020 AMD Build:

2012 Intel Build:

Just as an update my friend got to a Hardware shop to ask for a build with that budget and they gave her this

Spoiler

Processor: Ryzen 5 5500
Heatsink: Box
Memory: ADATA d60 3600 8x2
Motherboard: MSI B550 M pro VHD wifi
SSD: Kingston 1tb NVME sx8200 pro 3500/3000
Case: Itek Liflife white
System Windows 10 64
Misc: Mounting, Test, software install

Warranty: 24 month (parts) unless other specified
price: 550,00€ aftertax

while most of these components are out of stock or not even sold by major retailers (which makes me think it's some sort of bulk inventory they have for pc builds) and the RAM I could only find it being sold by Aliexpress outside of italian retailers, (+ they spelled the case name wrong or it's a model that's not listed on the internet great!)

I know, they have to recoup Tax + build fee + Windows but... I mean we're paying 100€ more, getting a CPU that's 100€ less and a gen older.
I cannot phisically build it myself due to distance but I'll see if they're willing to assemble a system with pre-purchased components, for 550€ I can even fit a good PSU and/or increase the RAM of thys system!

2020 AMD Build:

2012 Intel Build: