Where are my iphone photos stores?

Computersarethebest

Hello everyone I recently had my iphone break on me and switched android. I backed up my phone about a year ago and I found the backup files on my pc but can't open them or see any pics.

I'm wondering how can I grab the photos off of my backup and put them on my samsung phone. 

My iphone won't even turn on and the phone tech told me I need a new motherboard.

Did you back up to iCloud? You can go to iCloud.com to get your photos. I don't think there is a way to hack into your backup file to get your photos. Maybe do a google search for some software that can give you access to your photos.

Otherwise there isn't really much you can do if your phone won't turn on.

If you were making local backups, you can't peak into those data files and get photos out of it, you can only restore from a backup with a local iTunes backup. So without another iPhone, you can't access your data. If you had been using iCloud, you could log in to iCloud.com and download all your photos and information. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

48 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If you were making local backups, you can't peak into those data files and get photos out of it, you can only restore from a backup with a local iTunes backup. So without another iPhone, you can't access your data. If you had been using iCloud, you could log in to iCloud.com and download all your photos and information. 

This is a good point. You could use another iPhone or iPad (I think) to restore your phone’s back up to it and get your photos and other contents from it. You should back up the “new” device so you can restore it when you’re done getting your data from it.

That's shitty, I'll have to grab another iphone and load them onto that and try to take the pics off of the new phone and onto my computer without iTunes. I have icloud but I don't think I backed anything up to that.

2 hours ago, Computersarethebest said:

That's shitty, I'll have to grab another iphone and load them onto that and try to take the pics off of the new phone and onto my computer without iTunes. I have icloud but I don't think I backed anything up to that.

You need iTunes to back up a different device and restore the back ups to the devices, as you need.

You can use AirMore to browse a phone on a network (wirelessly) and get your photos from the device. It’s basically a file browser. I used it all the time when I had a field job to get photos from my phones. This exists for android devices as well on the google store. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/airmore-connect-with-pc/id997212086