Connecting Blue Yeti to camcorder??

chos5555

Hello,

I recently bought a new camcorder, exactly Rollei Movieline SD-23, it has a TV port(IDK what it is.... but it seems as something like 3,5 mm jack), then micro HDMI and a mini USB, I'd like to know if I can run my Blue Yeti microphone through any of them( I already tried the TV port eith my Zalman Clip On mic, didn't work)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Chos

Hello,

I recently bought a new camcorder, exactly Rollei Movieline SD-23, it has a TV port(IDK what it is.... but it seems as something like 3,5 mm jack), then micro HDMI and a mini USB, I'd like to know if I can run my Blue Yeti microphone through any of them( I already tried the TV port eith my Zalman Clip On mic, didn't work)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Chos

Why would you want to? What's the user case? Yeti is a Desktop mic, it's not designed to be plugged into a Video Camera.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I for sure know that, but the camera mic sucks and I'm doing some reviews and stuff and yeti is the only mic I have, besides the Zalman, thats why

If you had the Yeti Pro you might be able to manage it but not with the only USB yeti.

can't connect the yeti through the mini usb somehow?

can't connect the yeti through the mini usb somehow?

no

Just to know, how could I connect mic designed for camcorders? or through which port?

If it doesn't have a "mic input" or something like that, then I will assume there is no way of doing it without like.. soldering on a new mic or something

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Hello,

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Chos

I've never heard of that brand before. I can't imagine how good it would be. I would've gone for a Panasonic, Sony or Canon HD cambered because they're known for their good quality camcorders. I myself have a Canon Legria HF G10 and love it. Amazing quality. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It is a german company, that yet sells stuff just in europe :) probably cause of that you don't know it

• 5 years later...
On 7/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, RedSanders said:

This thread is dated, but for those finding it through searches, EpicReviewGuys posted a video confirming that indeed, a Yeti can be connected to a camcorder.  See 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6oySrbCnjo 

Hes just using that jack you would use to monitor the audio. Kind of a jank solution but I guess it works?