Step Down Buck Converter with Micro/Mini/Type-C USB Input?

byalexandr

Like the title says, I am trying to find a buck converter that will take a 5V USB input (either Type C, Micro, Mini, whatever common cables I have laying around) with a stepped down (variable) output.

Maybe it's my search terms, but all I'm finding are buck converters that take various voltages in and then regulate them to a 5V USB output interface, which is quite the opposite of what I need.

For reference, I am 3D printing a mechanical clock, and though this clock normally uses a weighted pulley system to 'wind' the clock, I am replacing all of this with a servo motor that has the end stops and potentiometer, etc. removed, leaving only the motor and gears. I want to power the clock with a simple USB power input, and have a buck converter step down the voltage from 5V to the bare minimum required to keep the clock running.

Does something like exist? Or would I need to solder my own USB connector on the input side of a standard buck converter? I'd prefer to have an all-in-one board that has the USB input on board, and a simple short lead to connect to the servo, that way I can print a tiny case that hides somewhere on the clock frame and keeps everything tidy.

9 hours ago, Gokul_P said:

Somewhat yeah actually, that one looks like it would work. I'd prefer one with a bare board and a female USB input so I can print a small case and use a generic cable, instead of the converter being part of the cable. But I think like you said the best route it to just solder a USB connection to the input side of a standard buck converter.