Not known gpu brands

Hey there, what do you think about those unknown Brand gpus? Ive seen some of them available in my country, they are:

inno3d

gainward 

Colorful 

galax 

are they reliable? Im a little worried, im about to purchase the Gainward rtx 2060

4 minutes ago, sebavera said:

Hey there, what do you think about those unknown Brand gpus? Ive seen some of them available in my country, they are:

inno3d

gainward 

Colorful 

galax 

are they reliable? Im a little worried, im about to purchase the Gainward rtx 2060

They are all pretty well known brands in the industry.  Gainward is Palit / PNY.  The other brands are very well known in the asian market, maybe not so much in your country.  All great brands. Gainward is a solid choice 🙂 The highest rated RTX 4080 here in Norway was the Gainward Phantom

inno3d

gainward 

Colorful 

galax 

Not worth the risk. Although they may have great specs for the price. They get no driver updates and perform at lower than expected performance. Always go with a name brand when it comes to buying computer parts. A lot of these un named gpu sales are also scamms 3/4 of these are fake.

Also never heard of these brands before. They, if real, will most likey have poor customer support service unlike msi, gigabyte, or asus.

2 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

Not worth the risk. Although they may have great specs for the price. They get no driver updates and perform at lower than expected performance. Always go with a name brand when it comes to buying computer parts. A lot of these un named gpu sales are also scamms 3/4 of these are fake.

Dude, you got to do more research, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol.  Galax makes the highest specced 4080's and 4090's with the HOF line up.  Colorful is HUGE in asia as well as gainward.  Man, this really gets me.. So much bad information spread by people not knowing their stuff.

They're all relatively big GPU names, just more so in Asia than in North America and Europe. 

are they reliable?

Depends on the specific model as with any GPU. Every vendor has some good cards and some bad cards. I wouldn't ignore them immediately because of their brands, they all have some really spectacular cards (Galax, for instance, makes the best 4090 out of any board vendor, the Hall of Fame), but in the same vein I wouldn't say just because they have some spectacular cards that the particular one you're gonna buy is gonna be good.

6 minutes ago, sebavera said:

Im a little worried, im about to purchase the Gainward rtx 2060

Which specific Gainward 2060, pretty sure they have a couple. 

Those are all good brands as @Hinjima said.  @RyanWakilehAIB (those brands, gpu makers/sellers) don't make the drivers for the GPUs..

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Dude, you got to do more research, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol.  Galax makes the highest specced 4080's and 4090's with the HOF line up.  Colorful is HUGE in asia as well as gainward.

Ok, but were also not in the asian market. I have never heard of Colorful or gainward. i'll look into Galax, even though I still have never heard of them before.

3 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

Ok, but were also not in the asian market. I have never heard of Colorful or gainward. i'll look into Galax, even though I still have never heard of them before.

That is fair that you have never heard of them, sorry for 'getting angry'. I dont mean to be rude, its just a huge passion of mine.  But they are all very very well known brands in the industry. And how can you say that we are not in the Asian market, you dont know where we are from 🙂  Gainward is PNY / Palit. PNY are the only ones allowed by Nvidia to make the Quadro work station cards.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

That is fair that you have never heard of them, sorry for 'getting angry'. But they are all very very well known brands in the industry. And how can you say that we are not in the Asian market, you dont know where we are from 🙂

I mean im not in the asian market. I'm not angry though. but when he said non name brands i'm thinking of the gpus on amazon that just say "6gb gdd5 graphics cards." That's why I assumed that they are chinese cards that do not run off of the nvidia or amd archietcture so they will also not get drivers. (not mad though)

2 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

They get no driver updates and perform at lower than expected performance.

Who do you think makes the driver updates? The companies or Nvidia/AMD? 

3 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

Also never heard of these brands before. They, if real, will most likey have poor customer support service unlike msi, gigabyte, or asus.

They're well established in the Asian market and started pushing more into other countries during shortages.

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu

Number 1 is Colorful, 2-8 are Galax, 9-11 is Asus, 12 and 13 Galax, 14 is Asus, 15 and 16 are Galax.

But you know, new to our market is automatically shady company. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

I mean im not in the asian market. I'm not angry though. but when he said non name brands i'm thinking of the gpus on amazon that just say "6gb gdd5 graphics cards." That's why I assumed that they are chinese cards that do not run off of the nvidia or amd archietcture so they will also not get drivers. (not mad though)

That is obviously true, you are right about that.  Galax and Colorful actually makes the highest end cards for professional overclockers that use liquid nitrogen to push the absolute limits of the cards.    Gainward is Palit / PNY.  Gainward for European market, Palit for Asian and PNY for America.  PNY is actually the only company Nvidia has trusted to make their highest end Quadro cards.  I guess you have learned something new today!  The most sold RTX 4080 and 4090 here in Norway was actually Gainwards.

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Who do you think makes the driver updates? The companies or Nvidia/AMD? 

They're well established in the Asian market and started pushing more into other countries during shortages.

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu

Number 1 is Colorful, 2-8 are Galax, 9-11 is Asus, 12 and 13 Galax, 14 is Asus, 15 and 16 are Galax.

But you know, new to our market is automatically shady company. 

I get what youre saying, but i thought he was referring to unamed gpus. Unamed chinese gpus that are fake like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Graphics-Frequency-Components-Consumption/dp/B08ZY5LL72/ref=d_pb_allspark_dp_sims_pao_desktop_session_based_vft_none_sccl_2_3/140-6482705-5460218?pd_rd_w=1M2BH&content-id=amzn1.sym.6b5008ac-c24a-4aea-a3ea-015a531184f5&pf_rd_p=6b5008ac-c24a-4aea-a3ea-015a531184f5&pf_rd_r=00PRBS2X16Q0Z6HNVJG6&pd_rd_wg=rjiNB&pd_rd_r=369e72bc-af47-4654-927a-a685b1a2662a&pd_rd_i=B08ZY5LL72&psc=1

7 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

That is obviously true, you are right about that.  Galax and Colorful actually makes the highest end cards for professional overclockers that use liquid nitrogen to push the absolute limits of the cards.    Gainward is Palit / PNY.  Gainward for European market, Palit for Asian and PNY for America.  PNY is actually the only company Nvidia has trusted to make their highest end Quadro cards.  I guess you have learned something new today!  The most sold RTX 4080 and 4090 here in Norway was actually Gainwards.

Ive heard of PNY, not gainward or Palit. I haven't heard of their variants in other countries.

12 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

Maybe at the very least try to actually google first. And yeah, I remember back when Galax cards were lent to the Indonesian OC titan Lucky_N00b back a few years ago too, @Hinjima, that was wild ahh time.

For OP, its still really up to you. If you are in asian market, all 4 customer services works and atleast in Indonesia i know Galax and Colorful has always prioritize dead card RMAs instead of shop-solving.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, RyanWakileh said:

Ive heard of PNY, not gainward or Palit. I haven't heard of their variants in other countries.

Great!  They are basically the same company 🙂

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Maybe at the very least try to actually google first. And yeah, I remember back when Galax cards were lent to the Indonesian OC titan Lucky_N00b back a few years ago too, @Hinjima, that was wild ahh time.

For OP, its still really up to you. If you are in asian market, all 4 customer services works and atleast in Indonesia i know Galax and Colorful has always prioritize dead card RMAs instead of shop-solving.

Oh indeed! That was absolutely epic!  The new Galax HOF with 2x 16pin power connectors for mad OC is absolutely insane too.  Looks pretty in white 😄

25 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They're all relatively big GPU names, just more so in Asia than in North America and Europe. 

Depends on the specific model as with any GPU. Every vendor has some good cards and some bad cards. I wouldn't ignore them immediately because of their brands, they all have some really spectacular cards (Galax, for instance, makes the best 4090 out of any board vendor, the Hall of Fame), but in the same vein I wouldn't say just because they have some spectacular cards that the particular one you're gonna buy is gonna be good.

Which specific Gainward 2060, pretty sure they have a couple. 

This one, Gainward ghost 

D55A0F3D-AD9E-4007-9779-BD04F7631717.png

17 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

you're missing a '/s' at the end of that post, because it's so wrong it *has* to be sarcasm.

on topic:

there's no such thing as 'lesser known' GPU brands. the reason why the likes of ASUS/gigabyte/MSI/... are "more known" is because most of the tech media we consume comes out the US, and those are just the most available brands in the region.

for example -back when EVGA made video cards- they were much harder to find in the EU, and much less interesting value, than they were in the US.

besides - GPU drivers come from AMD/nvidia/intel, not the board partner.

since you mention colorful, i'm assuming you're in the asian market - the brands you have available differ a lot from the brands that are big in the EU and the US.

i have a very clear example to make this point: an "inter-tech" power supply. no one outside the EU has probably heard of it, and with the most MS paint logo ever it's not quite instilling any confidence either.. BUT, in the regions they exist (germany and surrounding..) they're often not a bad "budget" pick. they're well within the "not horrible" terretory for a very good price.

and - because we're in the EU, we get great warranty trough the retailer.

33 minutes ago, sebavera said:

inno3d

gainward 

Colorful 

galax 

So all in all, No. Do not worry about a Gainward RTX 2060, it will perform perfectly well 🙂  Gainward has been around since 1984 and has been in the GPU game a long time.  I myself had a Gainward GTX 295 maaany years ago. good card.

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I myself had a Gainward GTX 295 maaany years ago. good card.

My PNY (Gainward) 1080, I bought second hand in 2021. For the last 2 years it's been either mining or running F@H almost non stop. Hasn't had a repaste yet. Blower cooler. Loud, average temps for a blower cooler but still going strong on original paste and pads.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

My PNY (Gainward) 1080, I bought second hand in 2021. For the last 2 years it's been either mining or running F@H almost non stop. Hasn't had a repaste yet. Blower cooler. Loud, average temps for a blower cooler but still going strong on original paste and pads.

Exactly, absolute perfect for what it is.  I upgraded from a Palit RTX 2080 Super Gamerock to a 4080 and it was probably the GPU I have been most happy with throughout the years, even had a MSI 980 ti Gaming 6g.    The Palit was cool, quiet and overclocked llike a champ.  I would have bought a Palit 4080 but I just did not like the look of the 'crystal' thing they got going on now.

49 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Dude, you got to do more research, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol.  Galax makes the highest specced 4080's and 4090's with the HOF line up.  Colorful is HUGE in asia as well as gainward.  Man, this really gets me.. So much bad information spread by people not knowing their stuff.

Let's not forget inno3D: they've been making cards longer than an increasing number of the forum's members have been alive.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Can I give points for comedy 🙂

list of unknown brands and the list outside of AMD and Nvidea are maybe among the best known partner brand known.

yes ASUS GiGabyte  MSI are well known but thats thanks to their long time on the market with motherboards. some of those unknown brands were making GPUs before the MB manufacturers expanded their catalogue of PC hardware.

5 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Let's not forget inno3D: they've been making cards longer than an increasing number of the forum's members have been alive.

Oh no doubt!  Thanks for making me feel old at the same time haha<3 😄