Help with Hotels for LTX2023!!!

afattouh98
Go to solution Solved by AnomalyDesign,

Quality Hotel Airport South in Richmond looks about $220 a night during that period. That's a bit over your started budget, but I believe they offer free airport transfers and free breakfast, which might offset that (especially if you're traveling with kids and luggage). It's a short, nice walk to the Canada line from there, which is a 25 minute ride to the convention center on automated trains that leave every 6 minutes or so. You're taking the train from one end of the line to the other, so no way to do it wrong. It's directly adjacent to a big park (Minoru), and a large shopping mall (Richmond Centre). Excellent food in Richmond, especially east Asian.

It's also fully refundable, so you can keep an eye out if cheaper options become available closer to the date. I would advise against airbnb in Vancouver, as many are run by shady real estate investors who will cancel on you at the last second for made up reasons, or move you to some worse property. If you do decide to go that route, only book a property if it has MANY excellent reviews, and if the host only has 1 or 2 properties listed. Good luck!

I need some MAJOR help finding budget-oriented hotels for LTX2023. What have others booked? Under $200 a night + tax. Please help. July 28-1st Aug. 1 adult, 2 children. 

I don't have an answer but I think for under $200 a night if you mean 200 USD you probably should cast a very wide net to have a chance of finding it. Luckily the public transportation in Vancouver seemed pretty good when I visited. Checking on one website, there are hostels, apartments and some homes in that price range. Kayak lists one place as having a website with Holiday Inn at $192 and a hotel called Hotel at the Waldorf which is apparently loud and sketchy.

try air bnb. thats what we're using to find a place to stay. the farther from city center you are the cheaper it is. there's a car service in vancouver, where there are cars to rent all over the place if you have the app and account. so i dont think transport is an issue.

• 3 months later...

If you get out of the city centre hotels should be cheaper too. Since we moved out of town, we'll be staying with family in Langley and I'll be driving in. Taking the bus from Langley would take a while though. Are you going to have a vehicle or rely on transit?

Quality Hotel Airport South in Richmond looks about $220 a night during that period. That's a bit over your started budget, but I believe they offer free airport transfers and free breakfast, which might offset that (especially if you're traveling with kids and luggage). It's a short, nice walk to the Canada line from there, which is a 25 minute ride to the convention center on automated trains that leave every 6 minutes or so. You're taking the train from one end of the line to the other, so no way to do it wrong. It's directly adjacent to a big park (Minoru), and a large shopping mall (Richmond Centre). Excellent food in Richmond, especially east Asian.

It's also fully refundable, so you can keep an eye out if cheaper options become available closer to the date. I would advise against airbnb in Vancouver, as many are run by shady real estate investors who will cancel on you at the last second for made up reasons, or move you to some worse property. If you do decide to go that route, only book a property if it has MANY excellent reviews, and if the host only has 1 or 2 properties listed. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I went with a Hostel, not sure if that's an option depending on how old your kids are but it was about $40 a night per person when I booked.