Trying to install windows 10 after having windows 11 installed

valleykid
Go to solution Solved by valleykid,

Hey thanks for the quick response! 

Turns out my problem was much simpler than I was making it out to be.

I ended up re-creating the installation medium, and it just worked... go figure... I'll mark this as resolved... =)

Hi Folks,

This is probably a much simpler problem than I've made it out to be.  Simply put, I put this computer together probably a year ago.  If it matters, it's a 5950X, 64GB Memory (all stock, 4 modules, dual ranked), and I have 2 NVME drives installed.It's an ROG STRIX x570-E GAMING main board.  I upgraded it to windows 11 immediately, wanting to give it a shot, and now I just want to put windows 10 back on it.

Anyways, created the USB installation media, I boot in, and am immediately met with a no drivers available.

I first thought things like, secure boot, but after flipping a few settings around several times, and even restoring defaults, no such luck.

It is however happy to just boot into windows 11...

Am I missing something obvious? feel free to make fun of me if I have... =)

Thank you,

10 minutes ago, valleykid said:

Hi Folks,

This is probably a much simpler problem than I've made it out to be.  Simply put, I put this computer together probably a year ago.  If it matters, it's a 5950X, 64GB Memory (all stock, 4 modules, dual ranked), and I have 2 NVME drives installed.It's an ROG STRIX x570-E GAMING main board.  I upgraded it to windows 11 immediately, wanting to give it a shot, and now I just want to put windows 10 back on it.

Anyways, created the USB installation media, I boot in, and am immediately met with a no drivers available.

I first thought things like, secure boot, but after flipping a few settings around several times, and even restoring defaults, no such luck.

It is however happy to just boot into windows 11...

Am I missing something obvious? feel free to make fun of me if I have... =)

Thank you,

You should press the delete key or F key while booting to get to the bios, then put the usb installation media on the top of the boot order to start installing windows 10. Then save and reboot, it should go to the windows installation, you just have to format your harddrive again.

Hey thanks for the quick response! 

Turns out my problem was much simpler than I was making it out to be.

I ended up re-creating the installation medium, and it just worked... go figure... I'll mark this as resolved... =)