the render taking to much time (HELP)

Umayyad

Hello guys.

my render time is taking to long i tried render it in NVENC "gbu rtx 2080" and in cpu 9 3395x 16 core 32 thread which is very good cpu for render far as i know but they all have the same problem. but i don't know what the problem but when i checked my cpu load i notice it goes down then up. down then up. then i tried to render it with gpu but  i notice the same thing it goes down then up down then up

i tested the 2 renders with 2.5 gb video

the NVENC gbu test
https://ibb.co/z4yMTVR

the cpu test
https://ibb.co/bPQcQxf

48 minutes ago, Umayyad said:

Hello guys.

my render time is taking to long i tried render it in NVENC "gbu rtx 2080" and in cpu 9 3395x 16 core 32 thread which is very good cpu for render far as i know but they all have the same problem. but i don't know what the problem but when i checked my cpu load i notice it goes down then up. down then up. then i tried to render it with gpu but  i notice the same thing it goes down then up down then up

i tested the 2 renders with 2.5 gb video

the NVENC gbu test
https://ibb.co/z4yMTVR

the cpu test
https://ibb.co/bPQcQxf

So you’ve got a 2080 and a 3950 and you’re trying to render with what app? Also how much memory do you have?  The dGPU has 8gb.  I normally associate nvenc with encoding not rendering. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So you’ve got a 2080 and a 3950 and you’re trying to render with what app? Also how much memory do you have?  The dGPU has 8gb.  I normally associate nvenc with encoding not rendering. 

vegas pro 18. i test it 2 time one with NVENC one with the cpu they all taking too long for render i don't know why. and they all had that zigzag load going up then down.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

32 ram

Have you rendered similar things before on that machine with that app?  Just trying to figure out what you mean by “taking too long”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Have you rendered similar things before on that machine with that app?  Just trying to figure out what you mean by “taking too long”

how much it take for 32 ram ryzen 9 3950 to render 2.5 gb?

3 hours ago, Umayyad said:

how much it take for 32 ram ryzen 9 3950 to render 2.5 gb?

If that 2.5gb is a single pic there’s gonna be a ton of memory swap.  In my day it would have taken days in photoshop.  Those days were long ago though.  This also isn’t photoshop so that likely isn’t just one image.  The big thing that slows rendering down is swap.  Having to effectively use drive space as memory.   I don’t know whether that is happening or not.  The solution if it is would be to add more ram.  Ideally enough ram that the thing doesn’t use swap any more, and failing that a faster storage system.  The answer was often both because the thing actually needed more memory than it was possible to add.  If you’re hitting your swap a lot during this rendering (this can be checked) you might need more memory.