TV selection help

hey I would like to get a TV about 65" and don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Any help would be awesome.

Where are you located? What is the primary kind of content you want to watch? What’s an arm/leg worth to you? How much light in the room? 

rtings.com is an excellent resource for recommendations at different budgets. 

1 hour ago, seanondemand said:

Where are you located? What is the primary kind of content you want to watch? What’s an arm/leg worth to you? How much light in the room? 

rtings.com is an excellent resource for recommendations at different budgets. 

My wife says to keep it 500 or under, but we have 250 gift certificate at costco on top of that. We did come to an agreement that since we also get groceries and such at Costco we can apply that 250 anywhere. Will be used mostly for movies and TV shows. 

It will be in a basement that only has one window well/that has shades. So it can get quite dark. Located in the USA  (I assume for availability). 

59 minutes ago, 21bdp21 said:

My wife says to keep it 500 or under, but we have 250 gift certificate at costco on top of that. We did come to an agreement that since we also get groceries and such at Costco we can apply that 250 anywhere. Will be used mostly for movies and TV shows. 

It will be in a basement that only has one window well/that has shades. So it can get quite dark. Located in the USA  (I assume for availability). 

well if your doing costco

best rated tv per rtings
Hisense U7H for 679.99

next rated is

Sony X80K for 699.99

similar scoring as the sony

LG QNED80 for 799.99 (touch higher price)

costco has 4 tvs under 500 but are lowest end and those if you wanted to go that route

best

samsung tu7000

next

Hisense A6H

3rd

lg uq8000

the 4th vizio dont bother

16 hours ago, circeseye said:

well if your doing costco

best rated tv per rtings
Hisense U7H for 679.99

next rated is

Sony X80K for 699.99

similar scoring as the sony

LG QNED80 for 799.99 (touch higher price)

costco has 4 tvs under 500 but are lowest end and those if you wanted to go that route

best

samsung tu7000

next

Hisense A6H

3rd

lg uq8000

the 4th vizio dont bother

17 hours ago, 21bdp21 said:

My work has a discount program what do people think of the Q60A from Samsung. It's the 2021 model