Is high pitched fan noise normal on gaming laptops?

Poraf

Might be a weird question but, I just recently got the HP Victus 15 and I'm fairly happy with it in all aspects, except for the fan noise.

I haven't owned a laptop in a fairly long time, and this is my first experience with a dedicated gaming laptop. I have been for the most part a desktop user.

But I'm getting this high pitched fan noise when I play games, I don't have a recording at the moment but I could somewhat compare it to bad coil whine or literally a plane engine (memes and kidding aside).

I didn't get this high pitched fan noise in my old previous laptop which was an Acer Aspire 3, the fans got loud but it wasn't high pitched. But I assume its because this is a more powerful machine? Is this normal or is it grounds for RMA? I am still within the laptop's direct replacement window and I would like to know if I've gotten a problematic unit. And if it is normal, is there any way I could reduce the noise even when the fan is on full blast?

For hp laptops the plane taking off sound is pretty normal you could try tuning the fans. But without the audio i couldnt tell is it a hardware issue 

5 minutes ago, Poraf said:

Might be a weird question but, I just recently got the HP Victus 15 and I'm fairly happy with it in all aspects, except for the fan noise.

I haven't owned a laptop in a fairly long time, and this is my first experience with a dedicated gaming laptop. I have been for the most part a desktop user.

But I'm getting this high pitched fan noise when I play games, I don't have a recording at the moment but I could somewhat compare it to bad coil whine or literally a plane engine (memes and kidding aside).

I didn't get this high pitched fan noise in my old previous laptop which was an Acer Aspire 3, the fans got loud but it wasn't high pitched. But I assume its because this is a more powerful machine? Is this normal or is it grounds for RMA? I am still within the laptop's direct replacement window and I would like to know if I've gotten a problematic unit. And if it is normal, is there any way I could reduce the noise even when the fan is on full blast?

Have a victus 15 (5800H+3050ti) that's the CPU fan. The GPU fan is a normal thicc boi but the CPU fan is a whimpy one that does the high pitched whine. The thermal solution for the higher spec 5800H is undersized. The CPU is going to be at 85-95C almost all the time, GPU will be nice and comfy around 70-75C though.

Thanks for the reassurances, this is the first time I've played games on an actual gaming laptop so this is news to me. I'll still try to record the fans when I can and update the post.

2 minutes ago, Poraf said:

Thanks for the reassurances, this is the first time I've played games on an actual gaming laptop so this is news to me. I'll still try to record the fans when I can and update the post.

As per usual, the thermal solution doesn't have nearly the amount of fin to keep it chilly.

IMG_20230122_130245604~2.jpg