Why is YT allowing adblockers to buy banner ads? Also, noticed a big shift to 5~15 seconds ads that cannot be skipped..

Just think this is beyond hilarious after the WAN show about Privateering. 

326538162_adblockbannerad.thumb.png.c6c3cb6b594468898a1f4e8e6ccecef2.png

I've seen it on videos pretty regularly now, know I can't be the only one..

As for the unskippable ads.. I've noticed that on some creators I watch, every spot in a video that is 'the most replayed' or more popular, now gets 2x 5~15 seconds ads that usually cannot be skipped. Unsure if this is due to me switching up some of the content I consume on YT and that this just might be how those creators are deciding to do their ads, but it seems consistent with a few creators so am unsure if this is something they're doing, or something the marketing heads at YT decided.

Either way, it seems it's not rolled out for everyone as YT did seek my input on the matter in regards to the sheer amount of ads they're throwing at me 😐

survey.thumb.png.14db4d88eb27942eb19dd7e5188fbfc9.png

The experience hasn't been as great. I voted strongly disagree, so I've done my part. Hope this isn't where it's headed 😞

17 minutes ago, KGB ate my bread said:

Just think this is beyond hilarious after the WAN show about Privateering. 

326538162_adblockbannerad.thumb.png.c6c3cb6b594468898a1f4e8e6ccecef2.png

I've seen it on videos pretty regularly now, know I can't be the only one..

As for the unskippable ads.. I've noticed that on some creators I watch, every spot in a video that is 'the most replayed' or more popular, now gets 2x 5~15 seconds ads that usually cannot be skipped. Unsure if this is due to me switching up some of the content I consume on YT and that this just might be how those creators are deciding to do their ads, but it seems consistent with a few creators so am unsure if this is something they're doing, or something the marketing heads at YT decided.

Either way, it seems it's not rolled out for everyone as YT did seek my input on the matter in regards to the sheer amount of ads they're throwing at me 😐

survey.thumb.png.14db4d88eb27942eb19dd7e5188fbfc9.png

The experience hasn't been as great. I voted strongly disagree, so I've done my part. Hope this isn't where it's headed 😞

IF Google really have anything scanning any ad the Phishing sites of open source project never ended up as ads. Google only there for money so they really didn't care what ad they are running even its a adblocker ad they still run it and if anybody complaints they take it down(probably). i dont recommend any adblocker that isnt opensource and likely opensource project dont have the budget to put a ad. 

I didn't get to see any of those ads, because I'm using an ad blocker. Ever since I've started watching stuffs on YT. Can't go without. And depending on the content creator, I will get triggered if they run an built-in ad. (especially if they frame it as buddy-to-buddy promo stuffs)

1 hour ago, Budget DIY said:

I didn't get to see any of those ads, because I'm using an ad blocker. Ever since I've started watching stuffs on YT. Can't go without. And depending on the content creator, I will get triggered if they run an built-in ad. (especially if they frame it as buddy-to-buddy promo stuffs)

Some creators, particularly Donut Media, is getting more aggressive with their ads, even integrating their content with the ad itself, so you can't skip it to go back to the content you're actually there for. For others that have built-in ads, they'll usually have something saying "check the link in the description below" so I find the thumbnail for that spot, and click on it, since I know the ad is over. 

Thankfully, with LTT's content, they usually put it into a chapter, so you can just skip it, and Practical Engineering always has it at the end.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch