gigabyte rx 6700 xt gaming oc 12GB bios issue

Hello guys.

I'm having issues with my gigabyte rx 6700 xt gaming oc 12GB, to make long story short. Using gigabyte software to control RGB(RGB 2.0) it crashed the system while it was updating firmware, which turned off the LEDs but still the video card worked as it should. I uploaded the driver from techpoweup(Gigabyte.RX6700XT.12288.210302.rom), without making a backup(dumb), and i lost the functionality of the card.

Original one from gigabyte site aways gives me the same error: "Erasing flash failed. Please reboot system and try again?"

Any sugestions?

Anyone has the same card and could save the .rom file for me?

thanks.

1 hour ago, MBertaglia said:

Hello guys.

I'm having issues with my gigabyte rx 6700 xt gaming oc 12GB, to make long story short. Using gigabyte software to control RGB(RGB 2.0) it crashed the system while it was updating firmware, which turned off the LEDs but still the video card worked as it should. I uploaded the driver from techpoweup(Gigabyte.RX6700XT.12288.210302.rom), without making a backup(dumb), and i lost the functionality of the card.

Original one from gigabyte site aways gives me the same error: "Erasing flash failed. Please reboot system and try again?"

Any sugestions?

Anyone has the same card and could save the .rom file for me?

thanks.

Is this the rgb functionality only? Or does the card actually not work?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Is this the rgb functionality only? Or does the card actually not work?

I can't really tell how its working... cause windows has set it to disabled and my CPU does not have graphics...

So, I get video from it, but its not functional like it should, once I enable it windows crashes and needs to go to recovery.

I've tried both drivers from techpower now... F2 and F3...

But mine is F3

Hmmm.. have you tried to get into the bios screen by spamming whatever key is called for (more often than not [delete] works)?  This should not even use a driver specific to that card, but a generic basic one on the motherboard.  Will probably have very limited resolution.  If that doesn’t work the only option is to try it with a different video card.  Literally almost any will do. Some single slot trash tier garbage from 2014 will be fine.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.