intel i7 8700k temps fluctuate

good day im try to help a friend figure out his temp issues he has an i7 8700k ek water cooled cpu that while in idle it wil jump from one second 31 degrees on all cores then jump up to 50 degrees on all cores then down back to 30 . each second it will just change its not under and load no software we can tell is effecting it .we re did thermal paste changed coolant made sure there was not air lock in the lines or rad.im really confussed by the weird temp and have no idea how to fix .could it be power supply sending to much curent or cpu thermal paste drying under the lid?

any help would be great thanks

12 minutes ago, northcanada said:

could it be power supply sending to much curent

No, not how it works. The CPU pulls current from the motherboard VRM, not sent to the CPU against its will. If it's drawing more current, it's because the CPU is doing something and pulling it from the VRM. 

13 minutes ago, northcanada said:

cpu thermal paste drying under the lid?

No, that would be high temps under full sustained loads, not just bursts up to 50C. 

TBH this just sounds like Windows Update or some other small Windows task boosting the CPU up for a second while the chip is idle, then dropping back down. Nothing all that noteworthy, not something I'd be worried about. It's not like 50C is dangerous to the CPU or anything, 

Dont see an issue. All my cpus' could do that. Especially if running on the high profile. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Its normal

Got the same think with my cpu as well

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee