fx-8159 thermal throtlling at 41c

Hype

My cpu fx-8150 is for some reason thermal throttling at 40 ish celsius
it starts fine even having a 1500 score but after like a minute starts just going nuts i don't know what to do i've even tried to look for something in uefi... nothing

please help!

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.473d7e50228a929a79e0750f62738212.png

Don't trust Zambezi's thermal sensor... Clearly it's throttling, so you'll want to improve cooling.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

System specs would be a huge plus here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

There's a decent chance that this is some form of power throttling, as in the VRM of the motherboard is overheating and causing the CPU to throttle to prevent the motherboard from blowing up. Unless you're on a relatively high end AM3+ motherboard, which not many existed or made sense to buy, this is pretty likely. You can see if your board has a thermal sensor readable in something like HWINFO, but on old boards like that it's about 50/50 whether it does or not. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:11 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

There's a decent chance that this is some form of power throttling, as in the VRM of the motherboard is overheating and causing the CPU to throttle to prevent the motherboard from blowing up. Unless you're on a relatively high end AM3+ motherboard, which not many existed or made sense to buy, this is pretty likely. You can see if your board has a thermal sensor readable in something like HWINFO, but on old boards like that it's about 50/50 whether it does or not. 

I'm betting on something like an N68 board or something along those lines, not a Crosshair or Sabertooth if VRM issues are the case here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.