no gpu detected

Sir_Dusk

I use to have a pcie riser in but i thought it died but now I'm having problems with the gpu not able to desplay anything so it's the gpu is there anyway to bring it back or is it rma right away

16740199525362405639138005950893.jpg

1 hour ago, Sir_Dusk said:

I use to have a pcie riser in but i thought it died but now I'm having problems with the gpu not able to desplay anything so it's the gpu is there anyway to bring it back or is it rma right away

16740199525362405639138005950893.jpg

What GPU do you have? What are your system specs? Did it work before? Did you make any recent changes?

Edited by Stormseeker9

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

So you've connected the card directly into the motherboard and this is what you see? What's your spec? You can't just go for the warranty before making sure if this is caused by your graphics card or the motherboard.

You have to first make sure it's not a software issue, and then get another graphics card in there to see what happens.

18 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

What GPU do you have? What are your system specs? Did it work before? Did you make any recent changes?

no changes the gpu was an rtx 3090 kingpin on a asus z490 e 10900k 1000w psu just came home one day and had problems

17 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

So you've connected the card directly into the motherboard and this is what you see? What's your spec? You can't just go for the warranty before making sure if this is caused by your graphics card or the motherboard.

You have to first make sure it's not a software issue, and then get another graphics card in there to see what happens.

I don't have any other gpu on hand right now but I tried not using the riser cable and I got the same problem

18 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

I don't have any other gpu on hand right now but I tried not using the riser cable and I got the same problem

There are a number of software fixes you could try and see what happens. I would just suggest a cleanup with DDU and some other things, but if you don't want that trouble, then just reset your bios to default( maybe make a backup first if you want) and install a new fresh and clean OS with no bloatware or utility software from any manifacturer. If this didn't work, you'll still have to find a way to test your graphics card either by putting it in someone elses PC or putting theirs in yours.

P.S: also Im sure this is not the case and that you've already tried it, but just double check that your iGPU is disabled

1 hour ago, Jon-Slow said:

P.S: also Im sure this is not the case and that you've already tried it, but just double check that your iGPU is disabled

Considering you have a video output right now, this could be a very real possibility.  Are you getting your video output from the motherboard atm or the GPU?

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:25 PM, Queen Chrysalis said:

Considering you have a video output right now, this could be a very real possibility.  Are you getting your video output from the motherboard atm or the GPU?

i put the display port cable into the motherboard after i got no signal from the gpu