Dual Hard Line Custom Loop

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,

Yes it looks good to me. Also 2 loops almost makes sense here as you may want to turn on one system without turning on the other? If it was 1 loop you'd either have one idling pump if the other system was not on.

Hello fellow Nerds,

So I'm building a dual custom PC with 4 radiators (2 top, 2 front, 2 corsair Corsair Hydro X Series XD5 reservoirs,  inside an obsidian 1000D case. This is an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX.

So basically this is 2 PC in 1 case build.

I'm trying to figure out how to ran my loops. I've created a representation in Visio for argument sake. I want to know if my loop is correct or will give me issue.

If anyone have a better way to do it, I'm open to suggestions.

dual custom loop 2 reservoir 4 rads.png

A bit of a watercooling noob to be perfectly honest, but why have seperate CPU/GPU loops? The way I see it you're leaving cooling capacity on the table if you were ever to hammer one particular component at a time instead of both, and any degree of redundancy you might have from having two pumps is lost because you're not running them concurrently on a single loop.

I'm assuming you made that choice for a reason, I'm just curious as to what your thought process was.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Yes good question. I'm actually running one pump for each system because i want to use two colors (blue and red)..red coolant for 1 system and blue for the other.

hmm hard to figger out the schematic... but i think you want rad tubes up so you dont trap air bubbles in it and it might be needed to help with pump vertical push limit thow d5 are powerful. i run in to problems with my build and i didn't under stand it...

also dose the 1000d support 2 systems? what is the other system?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Unfortunately my front 2 radiators can only fit in downwards because of the thickness and space.

Also yes 1000d support 2 systems? i'm using ASUS X570-I ROG Strix AMD AM4 Mini-ITX Motherboard for the second system and 

ASUS WRX80E-SAGE Pro WS SE WIFI AMD sWRX8 eATX Motherboard for the main system

What kind of problems were you getting with your rads facing down?

Yes it looks good to me. Also 2 loops almost makes sense here as you may want to turn on one system without turning on the other? If it was 1 loop you'd either have one idling pump if the other system was not on.

6 hours ago, Sparrowan said:

Unfortunately my front 2 radiators can only fit in downwards because of the thickness and space.

Also yes 1000d support 2 systems? i'm using ASUS X570-I ROG Strix AMD AM4 Mini-ITX Motherboard for the second system and 

ASUS WRX80E-SAGE Pro WS SE WIFI AMD sWRX8 eATX Motherboard for the main system

What kind of problems were you getting with your rads facing down?

well depending on how much tubeing you have and how much of it is vertical each adds to the total push limit. it could have been just air trapped or something but w/e the case things happen. my case is so dam big i cant move it a round to get bubbles out.

pc picks 002.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

What about combining my radiators for  just one loop per system instead of using running the coolant one rad per component.?

Right now the way i've designed the loop, the coolant will make a journey to at least one radiator before it passes back inside a component (CPU/GPU). That way all 2 CPUs and 2 GPUs are getting one radiator each., ie PUMP-->CPU-->RAD1-->GPU-->RAD2--PUMP

What will the difference in temps be if i were to join the radiators so the coolant passes through the PUMP--> CPU --> GPU --RAD1-->RAD2 -->PUMP?

SO This is the question

PUMP-->CPU-->RAD1-->GPU-->RAD2-->PUMP return

vs

PUMP-->CPU -->GPU-->RAD1-->RAD2-->PUMP return

3 hours ago, Sparrowan said:

What about combining my radiators for  just one loop per system instead of using running the coolant one rad per component.?

Right now the way i've designed the loop, the coolant will make a journey to at least one radiator before it passes back inside a component (CPU/GPU). That way all 2 CPUs and 2 GPUs are getting one radiator each., ie PUMP-->CPU-->RAD1-->GPU-->RAD2--PUMP

What will the difference in temps be if i were to join the radiators so the coolant passes through the PUMP--> CPU --> GPU --RAD1-->RAD2 -->PUMP?

SO This is the question

PUMP-->CPU-->RAD1-->GPU-->RAD2-->PUMP return

vs

PUMP-->CPU -->GPU-->RAD1-->RAD2-->PUMP return

No difference 

if you had enough rads in between the parts then i guess there could be a difference... sending cooler water is better then warmer water. thats the concept of having duel loops in theory. but say you have 3 rads 2 on gpu and one on cpu if say the gpu didn't use all of the second rad then its wasted and could have been used for lower cpu temps but normal one part is hotter then the other. but really this is only really for ocing hi scores. and even then there a big gap then most people cant com peat with like hacked drivers and stuff. thow they do offer a team ocing thow.

Edited by thrasher_565