Mining with an Intel C2D

I have an old dell precision 390, which does have an GPU, but it throws OpenCL errors left and right, even though XMRIG should work with my 1GB MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850, clocked at 666MHz, it litterraly runs at 666MHz on the GPU clock, and also on the memory clock, I am using allcoins's pool for my C2D, and should XMRIG work with my GPU? or not? CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 DUO e6700 @ 2.66GHz (2666MHz)

Im gonna be honest with you, this sounds incredibly wasteful and not profitable at all in any way. Does this system even break even with electricity cost and usage let alone profit? 

Most of those errors would be either OS, Drivers, or hardware related. Probably hardware since its an HD7850 and Duo e6700

Oh and I am supposeed to get a better system soon, a much up to date Intel, with an corsair case

2 hours ago, Gatewayuser said:

Oh and I am supposeed to get a better system soon, a much up to date Intel, with an corsair case

even still, getting to break even mining is pretty hard these days. keep an sharp eye on power consumption!

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

even still, getting to break even mining is pretty hard these days. keep an sharp eye on power consumption!

I have an AMD K10 (athlon II dual core 935) and an Old ATOM x5 (1.40GHz)

Just checked whattomine.  The current breakdown for my 4090 is $1.14 cents a day and if I were to pay for electricity (I have solar) I would be LOSING 5 cents a day.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

On 1/13/2023 at 4:26 PM, Caroline said:

Wait, haven't you heard? mining is completely dead. fed and tradfi whales killed it after profiting for two whole years.

some alit coins are coming back and bc seems to be back to normal amount. eth at the same amount to. but that cant be mined  anymore.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

On 1/15/2023 at 4:23 AM, dogwitch said:

some alit coins are coming back and bc seems to be back to normal amount. eth at the same amount to. but that cant be mined  anymore.

Price is relative anyway.  If you make $1/day now but it is work $10 next bull market for example.  Unfortunately, that is lotto if you're going with no name coins.  I've found its easier to just buy and hold than deal with all the mining.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

6 hours ago, ewitte said:

Price is relative anyway.  If you make $1/day now but it is work $10 next bull market for example.  Unfortunately, that is lotto if you're going with no name coins.  I've found its easier to just buy and hold than deal with all the mining.

there a few ones that are known ones.

but i always try to atleast own a min of 5 coins per coins.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC