Cooling venting into..... wall?

ProfessorKaine
Go to solution Solved by Axeonelite,

Hi! Welcome to the forum and the world of PC's! On that case their should be vent holes on the other side to provide fresh air through a channel. Just make sure to keep it off the wall a bit. I hope that helps!  *Picture shows white version of case for easier viewing. Same case though I believe*

image.png.3be175b3438d00fadac24a204e078097.png

Hello!

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but I'm COMPLETELY new to owning a real PC. (had laptops for most of my adult life because I moved around a lot) Now that I've settled down and bought a house, I invested in, what I believe to be a nice high-ish end pre-built from NZXT. It's been working well so far, but after watching some LTT videos on PC building, something felt 'off' about the layout of my PC internals.  Perhaps I'm simply blind or misunderstand the process, but it looks like the fans on the radiator vent into my front panel. My SOLID front panel. Can anyone just help me confirm that this isn't destroying my fans or overheating my cooling system? (and yes, I know my glass isn't clean, I've been rearranging my desk and haven't cleaned it off yet~ sorry!)

Thanks so much for your time! 

Signed in sincere confusion.
- Kaine

PXL_20230106_171200307.jpg

PXL_20230106_171205586.jpg

PXL_20230106_171244347.jpg

PXL_20230106_171259102.jpg

Hi! Welcome to the forum and the world of PC's! On that case their should be vent holes on the other side to provide fresh air through a channel. Just make sure to keep it off the wall a bit. I hope that helps!  *Picture shows white version of case for easier viewing. Same case though I believe*

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

hmmm, well that's special, case makers are just not builder minded, what's the other side look like, any open vent? sometimes there will be a small strip

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Nothing wrong at all, you have the fans very probably pulling air into the rad from the front of the case.

They could be put on the rear of the rad to pull air through from the front, though no reason to alter what you have

Just for the gpu temps I would probably install the rad at the top of the pc if it fits just so the warm air in the rad is not then adding to the gpus temps

though again if you have no issues then it is not an issue

2 minutes ago, Axeonelite said:

Hi! Welcome to the forum and the world of PC's! On that case their should be vent holes on the other side to provide fresh air through a channel. Just make sure to keep it off the wall a bit! hope that helps!  *Picture shows white version of case for easier viewing. Same case though I believe*

This ☝️

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

There is enough of a gap at the front of your case between the fans and the solid panel, so a kinda of void that will obviously be being emptied by the fans pulling the air out, but then the whole process will be then pulling cooler air from outside the case in through whatever vents/or gaps there are

Do you know which way the fans are facing? The fans are likely faced to suck air from the front and blow air in to the radiator. I can't see any direction markers on the fan in the photos you posted so you may have to open it up to see which way they are pointing.

That case with a solid front panel is not very good for airflow and there isn't anywhere else to mount a 240mm radiator in the case.

What CPU do you have and how are the CPU temperatures under load, especially when you have a load on the full system (such as gaming using the GPU as well)? Is it overheating?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

To add to @Spottycomment.

You can see these temps a number of ways like HWinfo or MSI Afterburner. I personally use MSI afterburner to monitor temps during gaming. There are plenty of guides online that show you how to use/set up such programs.

If there is no throtteling your system is fine, just keep an eye on the rad and fans to make sure they are not clogged. Otherwise a case with better airflow should suffice

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

As long as there's a minimum of 2" from the wall, you'll be fine. More is always better of course, but 2" is sufficient for proper airflow.

A buddy of mine has an NZXT pre-built, just like this one. Those fans should be sucking air in from the side panel intake. I doubt they're builders messed that up. I will like to say regardless of if they have the front fans setup properly those cases are hot garbage, literally. They have pretty much zero airflow and are essentially a component oven. If it were me I'd replace the case with one that has a mesh front panel, then you wouldn't have to worry about cooling and airflow at all.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |