Best X670 Mobo for newest 7800X3D/7950X3D?

Hello! Yesterday AMD showed their newest CPUs with 3D Cache. I'm willing to switch from AM4 to AM5 and I want to use their newest CPU. I'm going to play games of course but I want to use 100% of AM5 platform. I'm living in Europe so some of those parts may be different here. I was looking at Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX or ASRock X670E Pro RS motherboard. Of course I have to buy DDR5 memory. On my AM4 platform I had 32 GB 3600 MHz. I'd like to have 32 GB aswell. I'm not sure which CPU I should get. I'd like to be as much "future proof" as I possibly can so I'm thinking about 7950X3D. I guess it's better to have 3D Cache instead of not having it even though only few games are using it. Is it better to buy 5600 MHz or should I get 5200 MHz ones but better quality and try to overclock them? I'm shockec that 7950X3D is only 120 watts TDP. Can you tell me which RAM is best on AM5?

Any reason you want to spend so much on a baord?

Currently every am5 board out handles a 7950x no sweat but can save you tons of money.

As for ram get the lowest latency highest clock you can afford. Almost every ddr5 stick that does 5000mhz+ will do 6000

4 minutes ago, Numernabis2769 said:

even though only few games are using it.

Actually all games use it. To what effect depends. Any heavy aaa games is gonna show the difference

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Any reason you want to spend so much on a baord?

Currently every am5 board out handles a 7950x no sweat but can save you tons of money.

As for ram get the lowest latency highest clock you can afford. Almost every ddr5 stick that does 5000mhz+ will do 6000

As I said I want to use 100% of this platform. I don't want to buy another MoBo then another 8000 series comes out or something. I don't want to be limited. Also I guess that I have to update BIOS for 7950X3D? But I don't have any AM5 CPU right now. 

4 minutes ago, Numernabis2769 said:

As I said I want to use 100% of this platform. I don't want to buy another MoBo then another 8000 series comes out or something. I don't want to be limited. Also I guess that I have to update BIOS for 7950X3D? But I don't have any AM5 CPU right now. 

Bios flashback on a board. Then it can be done without a cpu

So funny thing the first 300 boards that got support for ryzen 5000 before the others got it a long time later were budget boards and like 2 high ends.

Really the featureset is basically the same and overpaying now doesnt give you an advantage in the future as there is nothing on these boards that is gonna be unlocked with newer cpu's. They are as is and if something is limiting for a newer gen a 1000$ x670 or 250$ x670 will have the same issue

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Bios flashback on a board. Then it can be done without a cpu

So funny thing the first 300 boards that got support for ryzen 5000 before the others got it a long time later were budget boards and like 2 high ends.

Really the featureset is basically the same and overpaying now doesnt give you an advantage in the future as there is nothing on these boards that is gonna be unlocked with newer cpu's. They are as is and if something is limiting for a newer gen a 1000$ x670 or 250$ x670 will have the same issue

Okay.. Then which MoBo would you suggest? X670 or B650? But I don't any MSI one. I had a lot of problems with their boards.

If you want to avoid MSI then just go with ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Hero and you ll be happy. Good board with good feature set and no doubt will have bios updates to support new gen cpus as they release.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

10 minutes ago, Numernabis2769 said:

Okay.. Then which MoBo would you suggest? X670 or B650? But I don't any MSI one. I had a lot of problems with their boards.

Was gonna suggest the b650 tomahwak as its a very good board but to avoid msi the b650 aorus elite from gigabyte is a good second option

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Was gonna suggest the b650 tomahwak as its a very good board but to avoid msi the b650 aorus elite from gigabyte is a good second option

Okay! Thanks!

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The difference between X670 Aorus Elite or B650 Aorus Elite is only few $$$

52 minutes ago, Numernabis2769 said:

The difference between X670 Aorus Elite or B650 Aorus Elite is only few $$$

x670 then why not.