FSR 2.1 - Blurry image, heavy ghosting and no FPS increase?

Cris.py

Hello all,

I've gone back to playing Tarkov and got bit low FPS on streets (50 ish) on my 6700 XT. So I've decided to give FSR a go. I enabled FSR in Adrenalin, put FSR 2.1 on in game settings and ... game got horrible. There is heavy, and I mean HEAVY ghosting, to the point all trees and grass look like a blurry mess in the wind and I can't even see my red dot when moving. Everything just feels blurry and wierd. And worst thing: I hardly gained any performance.

Am I doing something wrong? How do you set FSR to actually work?

Might be something wrong with the game's implementation. FSR overall is known to have ghosting issues in some games. Plus, both FSR and DLSS aren't as effective on lower resolution displays like 1440p or 1080p. They're meant to for 4K and higher resolution mostly. The reason why you didn't gain FPS likely means you're CPU limited.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Might be something wrong with the game's implementation. FSR overall is known to have ghosting issues in some games. Plus, both FSR and DLSS aren't as effective on lower resolution displays like 1440p or 1080p. They're meant to for 4K and higher resolution mostly. The reason why you didn't gain FPS likely means you're CPU limited.

I've looked at some youtube videos of FSR in Tarkov and it seems people got decent amount of FPS and no ghosting. I also shouldn't be CPU limited with 5600x however, I do notice most people use about 20GB of ram and I only have 16 so that is something I'll address and see if it makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Cris.py said:

I enabled FSR in Adrenalin, put FSR 2.1 on in game settings and ... game got horrible.

What you mean by enabling FSR in Adrenalin? You meant RSR?

AFAIK, you only need to enable FSR in game setting, not both.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Yes RSR. I guess I'm an idiot, I'll turn it off and try again.

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

So I disabled SRS and just left the in-game FSR on and nothing really changed. Still extremely blurry, adding screenshot for example (standing still vs moving slowly). I am also not CPU limited (roughly 40% utilized).

1852903139_FSRghosting.png

1 hour ago, Cris.py said:

So I disabled SRS and just left the in-game FSR on and nothing really changed. Still extremely blurry, adding screenshot for example (standing still vs moving slowly). I am also not CPU limited (roughly 40% utilized).

I don't have the game, can you take screenshot of the game graphic settings? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |