Intel Arc A750 vs RTX 3060 ti

NeosIII

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm looking at putting together a pc to live on my living room entertainment center. I'm looking at using a fractal ridge case and it looks like probably an i5 12400F. I'm looking at graphics cards atm and on newegg the intel arc a750 is considerably less that an rtx 3060-ti which seem to be the two I'm currently looking at:

arc:

https://www.newegg.com/intel-arc-a750-21p02j00ba/p/N82E16814883002?Item=N82E16814883002

3060-ti:

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-rtx-3060-ti-ventus-2x-8g-ocv1-lhr/p/N82E16814137673?Item=N82E16814137673

Looking at userbenchmark:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3060-Ti-vs-Intel-Arc-A750/4090vsm1947734

and also checking some videos on youtube, it seems like for an around almost 200 dollar difference the arc actually provides fairly close performance. But I've honestly not kept up with a lot of things relating to the intel ARC development so I'm reaching out to see if people have had experience with it. I'd also be looking at probably running this with steamOS as the operating system or maybe an ubuntu distro. 

Is the ARC actually a good option here?

Get the 3060 ti or an RX 6600/6600XT/6650XT. There's no reason to buy Arc cards right now unless you just want to experiment with one on a secondary PC and encourage Intel to stay in the market. Don't buy an Arc for a PC you actually "need" to work well. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Get the 3060 ti or an RX 6600/6600XT/6650XT. There's no reason to buy Arc cards right now unless you just want to experiment with one on a secondary PC and encourage Intel to stay in the market. Don't buy an Arc for a PC you actually "need" to work well. 

Yeah so that's kind of the thing, this really just meant to be kind of a secondary machine that can replace basically my current xbox one s and remove the need to get like say a PS5 or a new xbox series x. And that's where the price difference between the RTX and the ARC are starting to make me wonder. I guess the biggest issue would be it's compatability with steamOS and if arc is crap with that, then is there a graphics card that would be line up with the ARC 750 price and supposed performance level.

3 minutes ago, NeosIII said:

Yeah so that's kind of the thing, this really just meant to be kind of a secondary machine that can replace basically my current xbox one s and remove the need to get like say a PS5 or a new xbox series x. And that's where the price difference between the RTX and the ARC are starting to make me wonder. I guess the biggest issue would be it's compatability with steamOS and if arc is crap with that, then is there a graphics card that would be line up with the ARC 750 price and supposed performance level.

In that case, go AMD, not Intel or Nvidia. Right now they give you the most for your money. SteamOS is based on Linux, and on Linux AMD drivers are way better than Nvidia (and probably Intel but not sure on that one). A 6700 XT or 6650 XT would be a good choice, 6600 too if you want to save some money. Also check pricing for a 6600 XT, but it's probably more expensive than the 6650 XT.