MoCA Help

Khoomn

I'm remaking this thread kind of as the last thread I made gave me absolutely 0 answers on what I needed and since LTT recently made a video on moca, maybe more people have info about it. I currently use powerline to get from my router to my pc which is from the basement to my room on the 2nd floor. Its better than wifi and I get around 100Mbps down but the problem is, my parents pay for gigabit and dont even use it fully. Now note this is my parents house as I am still in college, I cannot run new cables, I cannot drill holes, I have to work with what I have. This house was rigged with a bunch of coax cables back in 2011 by our isp at the time, not a clue who it was. I cannot find any info online about this coax cable except for someone selling them on amazon with no description. Here is the exact writing on the side of the cable in the quote below. There is a coax cable that is spooled up in the corner of my room that goes to a coax hub in the basement. I can obviously disconnect the coax cable as I dont use cable tv in my room to have a direct connection from my pc to the router. I don't know what my coax cable could support speed wise since its from 2011 although we do have gigabit internet through coax but the one connected to the router converts from the one below, a CATV to a CATVX which doesnt make sense as it would use the slowest speed one. I have no other info on my coax cable like ohm rating unless someone can find it online for me.

I could also honestly say screw it and just buy a moca adapter, test it to see if it works/gives better speeds, and if it doesnt, return it. But I don't want to do that.

PPC PERFECT FLEX 6 SERIES 18 AWG CATV, CL2, CL3, (ETL)us or CM c(ETL)us 3088178 •2011• 0938ft

*** Thread locked ***

I'm sorry, but we don't allow multiple posts about same subject. Regardless of the reason. Furthermore, LMG making video about something doesn't mean it would bring more knowledge to forums about the subject. One of LMGs subjects has lately been niche areas of tech. Which they want to show to broader community. But that doesn't equal more knowledge coming to their broader community.

So please, continue with your existing thread:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv