i5 3570k vs i7 3770s

Hello,

I have dilemma about which cpu to take i5 3570k or i7 3770s cpu potential will only use in games and i can get both cpu for same price that's why i don't know which one to chose and for how long time 3770s could be enough for any game just i need cpu upgrade because i feel when some time my i3 2120 pull down my gtx 760 and is places where single core power is to low for me. MOBO i have gigabyte z77x-d3h (rev.1.0)

BF4 uses all 8 cores on my build so I think that the 8 core will be more "future proof". Although if you have the money go for the 3770 or the 3770k. The 3770s is slower than both. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

@dunkanlord

Go for the 3570k. You can overclock it and it's better optermised for gaming. I believe the "S" in 3770s refers to a more energy efficient clock. It'll be useless for you tbh.

Overclock that 3570k bad boy and smile  ^_^

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

@dunkanlord

Go for the 3570k. You can overclock it and it's better optermised for gaming. I believe the "S" in 3770s refers to a more energy efficient clock. It'll be useless for you tbh.

Overclock that 3570k bad boy and smile  ^_^

Although games are using 8 cores now. The 4670k, from what i've heard, bottlenecks in bf4. it run's at 99% load on bf4 constantly (from what I've heard) while my 4770k runs 80% all the time in bf4.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

3570k because you can overclock it

99% of games do not use more than 4 cores, and will benefit more from higher clock speeds

also even if a game can use 8 cores, it will still run on 4 perfectly fine

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3770 if anything, the S model is a waste of money.

or get the i7 Xeon E3-1245 like i did for my lan/F@H rig.

Although games are using 8 cores now. The 4670k, from what i've heard, bottlenecks in bf4. it run's at 99% load on bf4 constantly (from what I've heard) while my 4770k runs 80% all the time in bf4.

BF4 is really badly optimised from what I hear. Mantle was a failure and Dice completely messed up with that game. I think even the best CPUs would have some "limitation" just down to the fact the game was badly optimised.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Mantle was a failure and Dice completely messed up with that game. I think even the best CPUs would have some "limitation" just down to the fact the game was badly optimised.

Just no, calling mantle a failure shows that you have no idea what made mantle great.

3770 if anything, the S model is a waste of money.

or get the i7 Xeon E3-1245 like i did for my lan/F@H rig.

i am getting 3770s for pretty much cheaper price then standard and only difference is base clock speed 3.1 vs 3.4 both have turbo to 3.9  

Just no, calling mantle a failure shows that you have no idea what made mantle great

Haha, nah. Failure is a bit strong but it was definitely fell short from what was expected/anticipated. I'm excited to see what the progress will bring from it. It will be great!

i am getting 3770s for pretty much cheaper price then standard and only difference is base clock speed 3.1 vs 3.4 both have turbo to 3.9  

If its about price just check out the xeon E3-1245, should be a bit cheaper as well.

Haha, nah. Failure is a bit strong but it was definitely fell short from what was expected/anticipated. I'm excited to see what the progress will bring from it. It will be great!

The big thing that mantle brought was the end of microsoft reign on the direct x and actually forcing them to pick up some damn slack that they have kept being lazy as all hell made the mantle project in my eyes worth it, who knows maybe mantle will be worth it, we will see once star citizen and other mantle supported games can really start to spread their muscles around and actually benefit the added core and gpu optimization.

If its about price just check out the xeon E3-1245, should be a bit cheaper as well.

nop:( xeon E3-1245 cost for me 195 euro but i can get 3770s for 145 euro 

nop:( xeon E3-1245 cost for me 195 euro but i can get 3770s for 145 euro 

Damn : / Well what about a 3770 ?, the non k

The big thing that mantle brought was the end of microsoft reign on the direct x and actually forcing them to pick up some damn slack that they have kept being lazy as all hell made the mantle project in my eyes worth it, who knows maybe mantle will be worth it, we will see once star citizen and other mantle supported games can really start to spread their muscles around and actually benefit the added core and gpu optimization.

Totally agree. The fact that directx lasted this long without AMD to push with mantle is a piss take. You're right about that and I am excited to see what will come of this. I truly hope that Mantle will actually live to the hype that was built up with it. It will benefit the gamers and we will love it!

Damn : / Well what about a 3770 ?, the non k

standard 3770 i can get for 160 euro

standard 3770 i can get for 160 euro

Well you might as well get the 3770s then if you do not plan to overclock anything.

Well you might as well get the 3770s then if you do not plan to overclock anything.

i thought that maybe overclock something but i think with 3770s i wont need it and 3570k is for me 147 euro and 3770k is only :D 223 :D

i thought that maybe overclock something but i think with 3770s i wont need it and 3570k is for me 147 euro and 3770k is only :D 223 :D

the 3770s have all overclocking locked like the 3770, you can increase the bus speed but nothing else, since the ratio is fixed, should work fine for you anyway, or save for the 3770 normal one.

the 3770s have all overclocking locked like the 3770, you can increase the bus speed but nothing else, since the ratio is fixed, should work fine for you anyway, or save for the 3770 normal one.

really standard 3770 is that worth maybe take that 15 euro and add more for some cooler so turbo boost is better to reach for that cpu? because now i have stock cooler :(

How do you know you are cpu limited? If your gpu is consistently at 99% it means your cpu didnt bottleneck at all.

Anyways a 3570k anytime > 3770.

If you're getting a locked i7, you might as well get a Xeon.

If you're getting a locked i7, you might as well get a Xeon.

i am sure xeon wont be in better price then deal what i can get now

i am sure xeon wont be in better price then deal what i can get now

Wow, that's one cheap i7!