Lian Li Sl120 - Setup instructions needed!

I'll make this brief and as concise as I can: I have an MSI B550 Gaming Plus and the fans I'm using in my case are the Lian Li SL120 fans. The issue I'm having the fans don't actually show up in the BIOS or in the program by Lian Li. I have 3 currently installed and all 3 are running as normal I'd suspect. Given that I can make no adjustment to the lights nor the fan speed. The sequence the lights are on is basic rainbow shift. I am pretty much an idiot when it comes to computers. No issues with the PC getting too hot. The motherboard, as far as I can tell, is not fitted with any ARGB headers. Only JRGB and Jrainbow. I haven't a clue as to what the similarities are, nor the differences. I tried to follow the guide as best as possible, but it's akin to letting a blind person be your navigator. Actually, they would do a better job at that than I am able to do with computers. 

If anyone can provide a basic step-by-step path I can follow I'd be very appreciative! I don't have any pictures at the moment, but if there are specific images you need in order to see where the plugs are currently plugged into which header on the motherboard I can provide that.  

1 hour ago, Carbon no6 said:

I'll make this brief and as concise as I can: I have an MSI B550 Gaming Plus and the fans I'm using in my case are the Lian Li SL120 fans. The issue I'm having the fans don't actually show up in the BIOS or in the program by Lian Li. I have 3 currently installed and all 3 are running as normal I'd suspect. Given that I can make no adjustment to the lights nor the fan speed. The sequence the lights are on is basic rainbow shift. I am pretty much an idiot when it comes to computers. No issues with the PC getting too hot. The motherboard, as far as I can tell, is not fitted with any ARGB headers. Only JRGB and Jrainbow. I haven't a clue as to what the similarities are, nor the differences. I tried to follow the guide as best as possible, but it's akin to letting a blind person be your navigator. Actually, they would do a better job at that than I am able to do with computers. 

If anyone can provide a basic step-by-step path I can follow I'd be very appreciative! I don't have any pictures at the moment, but if there are specific images you need in order to see where the plugs are currently plugged into which header on the motherboard I can provide that.  

Of course not.  Different company.  This is why I avoid rgb.  There may or may not be one.  ATX is a standard and rgb used to be but the second the fan makers got ahold of it they ran away from that as fast as they could.  They could only do it for rgb though.  There was an rgb standard set up by the people who actually make the lights.  Lighting is an older business and they learned this lesson a hundred years ago.  It was still actually used for a while, just obfusticated.  You can get them to spin using the bios controls if you ignore the rgb stuff entirely.  Unless they’ve managed to integrate the fan pin with the rgb pin.  Usually they’re seperate. Or they used to be anyway.  ICUE may also be a solution.  It’s made by Corsair but will apparently control stuff by other companies sometimes.  It may be that it will work with both of them.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.