One software to rule them all - RGB controls

Jay Kay

So, I always hated Aura but the new bloatware called Armory Crate is just something I don't wanna use at all. Is there a software you guys and gals have experience with that can be used to control all RGB stuff inside the PC (asus, corsair, nzxt etc) at once?

I use https://www.signalrgb.com . The only real kicker is that you can't have Armor crate or iCue or any of them running at the same time. If you use iCue to change DPI or something like that, it'll break SignalRGB while you have it open.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

The two big ones are OpenRGB and SignalRGB. They both use the same backend with different GUIs, the difference is that OpenRGB is fully open source while SignalRGB is not. Both are free to use though. Haven't used either one personally but have heard good things about them. 

Corsairs is meh, but it works. 

you can see if OpenRGB works too. it's suppose to support everything (kinda)
https://openrgb.org/

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Ah awesome! I am looking into SignalRGB now, I haven't even installed the iCUE yet, cause I just hate all the various software available. 

Do I have to uninstall Aura and CAM or just not open them if I use SignalRGB?

2 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

Corsairs is meh, but it works. 

you can see if OpenRGB works too. it's suppose to support everything (kinda)
https://openrgb.org/

openRGB is jank AF, but it does a great job as a 'run once at startup and forget' application.

it'll override my logitech keyboard despite G-HUB is running, as long as G-HUB doesnt start to make changes too.

(G-HUB is set to static color, and openRGB loads on startup after G-HUB. it's hacky but it works.)

10 minutes ago, Jay Kay said:

Ah awesome! I am looking into SignalRGB now, I haven't even installed the iCUE yet, cause I just hate all the various software available. 

I have to keep AURA and (whatever Gigabyte's RGB software is called) installed and iCue seems to be able to control the AURA stuff, but it never recognizes the Gigabyte RGB GPU I have. 

I try to just stick with Corsair and ASUS if i can, the GPU is an exception because i got it from a newegg shuffle. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

17 minutes ago, Jay Kay said:

I left Aura installed. Just disable it's startup process and it won't auto start when you first turn your computer on.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I just installed SignalRGB and MY MIND IS BLOWN!

This is sooo good! Thanks for the tips guys, I had no clue that there is something out there having these features and is free O_o

I see there is a pro option but I don't really need it, the free presets I've tried already are super good and maybe down the line I might get the paid version but so far - bye bye all the bloat and welcome SignalRGB! 🙂