could someone suggest something to make this ssd usable

D4NK3R5Y
Go to solution Solved by VioDuskar,
Just now, Latvian Video said:

You can plug it into the x16 slot, it should work just fine

it is a full size slot, but probably with only x8 pins.聽

i have a intel ssd750 SSD pcie 4x and i only have 16x and 8x and what should i convert a 1x pcie or the spare 16x connector to the ssd or does it even matter聽

thanks 馃檪

Are you saying you only have two PCI-e slots and they're already full? otherwise just show your SSD into the lower x8 slot and it will work fine.聽

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones.聽

2 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

Are you saying you only have two PCI-e slots and they're already full? otherwise just show your SSD into the lower x8 slot and it will work fine.聽

thats the slots i have left sorry i meant 1x not 8x聽

and聽 the ssd20221228_202902.jpg

20221228_202928.jpg

what are you talking about? plug that bad boy in where you'd plug the 2nd GPU.聽

Also dust that PSU basement off.聽

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones.聽

Just now, Latvian Video said:

You can plug it into the x16 slot, it should work just fine

it is a full size slot, but probably with only x8 pins.聽

1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

ahh, got it

dust out your rig.聽

Just now, VioDuskar said:

dust out your rig.聽

Lol, pretty sure u didnt want to reply to me. But I havent cleaned my pc in a while, so I guess it applies to me too.

1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

Lol, pretty sure u didnt want to reply to me. But I havent cleaned my pc in a while, so I guess it applies to me too.

you're correct. sorry. I was hopping threads really quickly.聽

this is your semi-annual reminder to clean it out though! 馃檪

Just now, VioDuskar said:

you're correct. sorry. I was hopping threads really quickly.聽

this is your semi-annual reminder to clean it out though! 馃檪

Its winter, its snowy, icy, etc. So i kinda cant bring it out to the garage to blow it out with the compressor. I guess when the weather is better, ill be able to take some pics and annoy some ppl on discord with a dirty pc.

26 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

dust out your rig.聽

ye its a dusty boi but have not had the time to do so,but ill do it now if i cant find some compressed air