cougar fan on heatsink?

Odde

Hello!

As the title says i wonder if you can use cougar fans on heatsinks. I will buy a black case for my next build and would like to keep a Black/Orange theme, so the cougar fans is perfect for that.

The heatsinks i've been looking at is the Be Quiet CPU cooler Dark rock pro 2, and the Phanteks PH-TC14PE because you can get a orange one.

So is it possible to use regular cougar fans for these heatsinks?

Thank you for your answers, much appreciated!!

/Odde

[h=1][/h]

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

yes but the Bequiet cooler comes with Silent Wings 2 thier best Fans.. they're enoguht to cool my 1090T @ 1.56Volts on 4,8Ghz unter 70°C at 12 h of prime 95.. no need to change those

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

yes but the Bequiet cooler comes with Silent Wings 2 thier best Fans.. they're enoguht to cool my 1090T @ 1.56Volts on 4' date='8Ghz unter 70°C at 12 h of prime 95.. no need to change those[/quote']

im not worried for the fans not to cool the processor enough, its more for look.

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

the cougar vortex series are outstanding.

and yes, every fan with the same mounting holes will fit.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I don't see why they wouldn't work and they are very good fans but if you're getting a dark rock pro 2(I am myself once north america availability is here) just leave the fans as they are very high quality and optimized for the heat sink.

That's what Cougar fans are made for, so yes they will work.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD