Using old router as a wireless repeater

MrRoBoT696969
Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
1 minute ago, MrRoBoT696969 said:

tried inspecting hidden elements not to mention exploring options in detail

Sadly this router only support Wired Repeater mode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYUXps_suas

You can buy something like this to use as a repeater

1) https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WA855RE-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B00EYW1U68/ref=sr_1_7?crid=6HFDB9QTHQXI&keywords=wireless+repeaters&qid=1671896248&sprefix=wireless+repeater%2Caps%2C235&sr=8-7

2) https://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DAP-1325-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B078NM8S6W/ref=psdc_1375438031_t2_B00EYW1U68

i got sick of wired medium for extending my main routers WiFi connection, Ethernet cable got destroyed by nature's powers,

i was wondering is there any way to connect primary router with secondary router wireless-ly, like making it work like a wireless repeater,

i live in india, i have airtel xstream fiber

primary router: NOKIA G-2425G-A

secondary router: Binatone DT850W

Just now, MrRoBoT696969 said:

i got sick of wired medium for extending my main routers WiFi connection, Ethernet cable got destroyed by nature's powers,

i was wondering is there any way to connect primary router with secondary router wireless-ly, like making it work like a wireless repeater,

If the secondary router have a mode called repeater mode then you can you have to check that in your secondary routers configuration page 

2 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

If the secondary router have a mode called repeater mode then you can you have to check that in your secondary routers configuration page 

It appears just after login right? i think i never saw any setting related to modes

It appears just after login right? i think i never saw any setting related to modes

if there is something like that it is prob hidden in somewhere i have no experiance using any Binatone Routers so i really dont know where it is. it is might be under Wirelees tab a qwick google search may help you. 

1 minute ago, Gokul_P said:

if there is something like that it is prob hidden in somewhere i have no experiance using any Binatone Routers so i really dont know where it is. it is might be under Wirelees tab a qwick google search may help you. 

Sadly this router only support Wired Repeater mode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYUXps_suas

You can buy something like this to use as a repeater

1) https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WA855RE-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B00EYW1U68/ref=sr_1_7?crid=6HFDB9QTHQXI&keywords=wireless+repeaters&qid=1671896248&sprefix=wireless+repeater%2Caps%2C235&sr=8-7

2) https://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DAP-1325-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B078NM8S6W/ref=psdc_1375438031_t2_B00EYW1U68

59 minutes ago, MrRoBoT696969 said:

Were you running normal cable outside?  Cable rated for outdoor use should last quite a long time, especially if you also run it in conduit.

You really don't want to be using a wireless repeater unless it can re-broadcast on a different channel (which generally they don't unless its a proper mesh system), as anything connected to the repeater will be consuming twice as much bandwidth on the main WiFi, halving the speed of anything on the second WiFi and leaving less bandwidth on the main one.

You can't beat using cable.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

28 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Were you running normal cable outside?  Cable rated for outdoor use should last quite a long time, especially if you also run it in conduit.

You really don't want to be using a wireless repeater unless it can re-broadcast on a different channel (which generally they don't unless its a proper mesh system), as anything connected to the repeater will be consuming twice as much bandwidth on the main WiFi, halving the speed of anything on the second WiFi and leaving less bandwidth on the main one.

Even using out door rated  cables in india the weather damages the cable. You usually have to replace it every year. You can use conduits but the rain water gets inside somehow and destroy it.  for normal use a wireless repeater will be fine. And the tp link model worked fine for me even through concreate. and the speed in here isnt as huge to be bottlenecked by those usually around 100mb/s. I still have poed conduited ethernet cables out side but i change it every year but once during a thunder storm one 2 of my camaras got destoryed idk how iam suspecting the rj 45 bcz there is a damage in the middle of the wire and there is water inside . And the animals here is a totally another story and now im trying to move everything to wifi and the issue with that is i planned to go eufy but right before i buyyed. I need a lan only solution (there is currently none available here so iam just continuing to use poe rj45s) .  I can store footage on my nas and host a vpn and a dns to acces  this home server. Iam now thinking about building a raspberi pi camara solution pi 4 as a hub and pi zero as camaras and 3d printed case once raspberry pi becomes available and cheaper .

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Heavy duty cable in bucket list

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

Even using out door rated  cables in india the weather damages the cable. You usually have to replace it every year. You can use conduits but the rain water gets inside somehow and destroy it.  for normal use a wireless repeater will be fine. And the tp link model worked fine for me even through concreate. and the speed in here isnt as huge to be bottlenecked by those usually around 100mb/s. I still have poed conduited ethernet cables out side but i change it every year but once during a thunder storm one 2 of my camaras got destoryed idk how iam suspecting the rj 45 bcz there is a damage in the middle of the wire and there is water inside . And the animals here is a totally another story and now im trying to move everything to wifi and the issue with that is i planned to go eufy but right before i buyyed. I need a lan only solution (there is currently none available here so iam just continuing to use poe rj45s) .  I can store footage on my nas and host a vpn and a dns to acces  this home server. Iam now thinking about building a raspberi pi camara solution pi 4 as a hub and pi zero as camaras and 3d printed case once raspberry pi becomes available and cheaper .

We got tons of issues haha