I need help with my 32gb usb flash drive

Hi everyone, hope y'all having a good day!. I will be going straight on point. So, I have a 32gb hp USB Drive. I had used it for 1 year with no issues. This usb was mainly for installing windows. I formatted usb drive with rufus (rufus can be used to format and create bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs) and I was going to install a fresh newer version of windows. After it formatted my usb since then I'm unable to access my usb drive for some reasons. Can anyone help me out. I have attached some of the screenshots of usb's properties. There could be something that I don't know/haven't described so you can have a look at the screenshots and help me troubleshoot it.

IMG_20221224_071958.jpg

IMG_20221224_072106.jpg

32gb usb properties.PNG

Device Status working.PNG

error when I plugin.PNG

not showing size.PNG

size showing in format option.PNG

unable to check for errors.PNG

help..PNG

Why use Rufus to format the drive and then go thru the process of setting it up for Windows?  Just use the Windows Media Creation Tool and it will format the drive as well as do the Windows part too.  All at the same time.  Just run the WMCT and it will do everything needed to have a Windows install tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

Give it up. the drive is dead.

buy some new 8gb flashdrive for windows install. you don't need 32gb.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

You can follow this guide to reformat the drive, this should make it recognizable by windows again:
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/restoring-your-usb-key-partition/

Hey Srijan Verma, how is it going. I checked your mentioned link and tried the given instructions but it didn't help in any way. I'm unable to format or change anything. I honestly don't know why does it say Write Protected, I never enabled any write protection on this usb. All I did was used rufus to format this drive and make it bootable drive. Since then it's like this and it's confusing to me because it shows the usb size in properties which means it's not dead "MAYBE" or I could be wrong. Is there any other ways to remove this "write protection" from the usb drive.

Thanks for reading!

unable to format.PNG

Screenshot (108).png

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Give it up. the drive is dead.

buy some new 8gb flashdrive for windows install. you don't need 32gb.

I will buy 32gb from a local store once I 100% verify it's dead. Thanks for the advice!

8 hours ago, vertigo220 said:

Try the steps listed here.

After going through the process according to the instructions, I was unable to remove the write protect problem.  I have tried to remove the Write protection with softwares and also StorageDevicePolicies value to 0(But the value is already 0)cant remove write protection and also cant format.In the Disk management its Read Only... no options available to format from Disk management

unable to remove write protection.PNG

Last ditch would be to try GParted. If that doesn't work, I think it's safe to say the drive died, just a weird death where it's not dead yet but is very ill and "will be stone dead" soon.

3 hours ago, vertigo220 said:

Last ditch would be to try GParted. If that doesn't work, I think it's safe to say the drive died, just a weird death where it's not dead yet but is very ill and "will be stone dead" soon.

Yea, now I can confirm the usb drive is dead in some weird way. Anyways, thank you so much for your help. I will be placing an order soon for a new usb drive.