Converting old phone into a stream deck (Question)

ohotnx

Hello there forum users, need help here.
I've been trying to convert my old phone which I no longer use (Samsung Galaxy S8) into a stream deck. The app I found called Macro Deck allows me to connect my phone wirelessly through wifi to my computer and it works very good and fast. Plus its open source and you always gotta love that. 

Anyways, the issue stems from the battery on my phone, I don't want to have to worry that it runs out in the middle of me using it so I want to run it constantly plugged in. The problem with that is that im afraid thats going to wear out the battery very fast and it's going to start swelling. Is there a way to disable the use of the battery or do I need to disassemble the phone and place some kind of dummy battery in the phone? I never even taken apart a laptop so I am a bit scared that I will break something inside and the phone wont work anymore. Also, I am not sure where or how I would acquire a dummy battery to place instead of the real one.

Any advice?

It is likely that the battery of a 5 year old phone is already at the end of life, so you are not really burning much battery life by leaving it plugged in permanently. However, if you are worried about battery temperatures or potential swelling, root the phone, install something like Battery Charge Limit, and set the maximum SOC to ~60%.