SOLVED So many problems! Two new builds, DRAM error won't boot, and VGA error won't boot. HELP!

Go to solution Solved by Hutbunz,

*SOLVED

In regards the first computer it was as simple as a bad DP cable. Booted fine off of an HDMI cable. Everything working as intended now.

As for the second computer, I downloaded Cinebench and the CPU was only landing a score of 10,000. Far cry from 24,000ish. So I downloaded HWinfo and noticed the CPU was only drawing 120W but was absolutely pegged during stress testing. Checked connections but they were all good. Turns out the chipset firmware and intelME needed updating. After installing the updates, BOOM, pulling ~170W and scoring 24,000 in Cinebench and also, BAM, XMP enabled no problem. Only issue is now is the CPU absolutely does not like being overclocked, although I have been using the Asus AI feature. Might try updating to latest BiOS as it improves stability, or manually overclock or could just be a loss in silicon lottery. All that said, I'm happy I got it all figured out after awhile of troubleshooting and I hope this information can maybe help someone else down the line.

HutBunz

Hello everyone,

I'm having quite the challenge getting these two new computers to work properly. For the my computer, I had it working completely fine until I started troubleshooting my Wife's builds RAM. The other RAM would not overclock to the rated speeds so I chucked into my PC to see if the RAM was the issue but my PC wouldn't even boot the other RAM. So I pulled it and put my RAM back in. Now I can't get any video signal and the VGA QLed is always lit and sometimes the BOOT QLed is always lit sometimes. I've reflashed the BioS with and without the graphics card, cleared the CMOS with and without the graphics card, moved around the DP cable, only thing I haven't done is reseat the CPU as it worked fine before (was using it without my old 980 for a bit). Am I missing something? Is there anything else I can do? Here is the parts list:

• Asus ROG Strix Z690-G
  • Intel i5 13600k 
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600mhz C36
  • 2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 980 (temporary until I can snag new graphics cards)
  • Corsair RM1000e Power Supply
  • EK D-RGB 360 aio

For the other PC I can't determine which the faulty part is. I cannot boot with XMP and I always get the DRAM QLed when I reboot the PC. I felt like I was missing a setting when enabling XMP so I chucked it into my PC however, as mentioned before, my PC wouldn't even boot with them not matter what; clearing CMOS, Safe Boot, ect. The CPU overclocks just fine so I felt that maybe it was definitely the RAM, however, when I put in the RAM from my build it also will not boot with XMP enabled even though I know it works on my PC. So maybe the motherboard? or CPU? I have no idea. However, when I returned the RAM from troubleshooting on My PC I can boot up just fine at 4800 mhz and an overclocked CPU and back into Windows just not at the rated 5200 mhz speed. So what's the problem here? I'm at my wits end lol. Here is my Wifes build:

• Asus Prime z690-A
  • Intel i5 13600k
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5200mhz C40
  • 2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
  • Corsair RM1000e Power Supply
  • Corsair H150i iCUE aio
  • No GPU yet

Thank you to anyone that can help me. I'm so lost after today, especially after the working PC no longer boots. I feel like I'm losing my mind haha.

Kind regards,

HutBunz

*SOLVED

In regards the first computer it was as simple as a bad DP cable. Booted fine off of an HDMI cable. Everything working as intended now.

As for the second computer, I downloaded Cinebench and the CPU was only landing a score of 10,000. Far cry from 24,000ish. So I downloaded HWinfo and noticed the CPU was only drawing 120W but was absolutely pegged during stress testing. Checked connections but they were all good. Turns out the chipset firmware and intelME needed updating. After installing the updates, BOOM, pulling ~170W and scoring 24,000 in Cinebench and also, BAM, XMP enabled no problem. Only issue is now is the CPU absolutely does not like being overclocked, although I have been using the Asus AI feature. Might try updating to latest BiOS as it improves stability, or manually overclock or could just be a loss in silicon lottery. All that said, I'm happy I got it all figured out after awhile of troubleshooting and I hope this information can maybe help someone else down the line.

HutBunz

Edited by Hutbunz
Solved issue

*SOLVED

HutBunz