Motherboard recommendations for Fractal Design torrent nano case

I am planning on building a new system and I ve been waiting for Asus to release their new AM5 mini itx ROG Strix B650E-I because I needed a motherboard that can support the new gen ryzens, DDR5 and can fit in the Fractal torrent nano case. The motherboard was finally release a couple of days ago in my country at the wonderful price of 410€!!!!!! even though the same strix motherboard for intel's cpus costs 270€ which is still expensive but still inside my budget. Do you have any information whether we ll see a drop on the AM5 strix motherboards soon or is this going to be the standard price for this motherboard?

It was the first time a case met all my requirements, looks, airflow and build space and I really don't want to go for intel...If only there was a small torrent case that could support micro atx that would have solve my problem but now I simply don't know what to do and I really need a new PC before February... Do you have any other recommendations that would help me?

The PC I am planning to build will be using an AMD 7700x.

I mean Id just get the torrent compact and a matx board as the only difference is 10cm in height but you have much better cooling.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

I mean Id just get the torrent compact and a matx board as the only difference is 10cm in height but you have much better cooling.

I like the small form factor of the torrent nano. The compact one is taller and has more depth. 10 cm make a big difference for me.

2 minutes ago, K0stas said:

I like the small form factor of the torrent nano. The compact one is taller and has more depth. 10 cm make a big difference for me.

Any reason you specifically want that itx board?

A silverstone alta g1m maybe?

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Any reason you specifically want that itx board?

A silverstone alta g1m maybe?

I really like the design of the torrent nano and the fact that I can still fit everything I want inside it without sacrificing thermals. It also has space for massive fans so it can be quiet and cool at the same time.

I don't like the bigger torrents, they feel... elongated and there will be a lot of empty space which I don't like.

The Silverstone you recommended is compact for sure and can fit the parts I ll use but it looks like a case I should put into a closet... I ve put a lot of thought into this pc and I want to make it a proper gaming pc, both in performance and looks. The surprising lack of mid range mini itx motherboards is just dreadful... Only 3 mini itx at 350, 410 and 600€...I was literally expecting Asus to release their mini strix at 250-270 to immediately order all the parts and build my pc. Why charge 150€ more for going AMD?

1 minute ago, K0stas said:

I really like the design of the torrent nano and the fact that I can still fit everything I want inside it without sacrificing thermals. It also has space for massive fans so it can be quiet and cool at the same time.

I don't like the bigger torrents, they feel... elongated and there will be a lot of empty space which I don't like.

The Silverstone you recommended is compact for sure and can fit the parts I ll use but it looks like a case I should put into a closet... I ve put a lot of thought into this pc and I want to make it a proper gaming pc, both in performance and looks. The surprising lack of mid range mini itx motherboards is just dreadful... Only 3 mini itx at 350, 410 and 600€...I was literally expecting Asus to release their mini strix at 250-270 to immediately order all the parts and build my pc. Why charge 150€ more for going AMD?

There is no competition and amd went all in on new things.

Expext the price to drop by second gen drastically. Furst gen ryzen stuff was similar

37 minutes ago, jaslion said:

There is no competition and amd went all in on new things.

Expext the price to drop by second gen drastically. Furst gen ryzen stuff was similar

Such a shame... Problem is I can't wait for next gen.. I m using 10 year old intel 3770 which can barely keep up anymore... Worst case scenario, if prices don't drop I go with a different case and motherboard, then sell them once new, affordable mini motherboards come out. Doomsday scenario, I go with intel...