new build cpu issue?

vladNMP
Go to solution Solved by vladNMP,

####### fixed. 

what i was supposed to do but it was nowhere to be found is update bios with each update chronologically. this worked on the b550m-e asus tuf 

waiting for the shop which i bought the asrock model to see if they can figure that one out :)

hi,

× issue: i get no signal to monitor

× parts: 5800x3d

asrock b550m steel legend REPLACED with asus tuf b550m-e

m.2 ssds (tried booting without each time)

o11 air mini

3090 tuf

2 x 16gb hyperx fury 3600mhz cl16

corsair rme 1000W

arctic liquid freezer 2 280

×firtst attempt: using the steel legend board with bios update orderd from the shop, i got no post but the pc is running. also 2 red LEDs: CPU and DRAM. i did check if i inserted the cpu power connector to pcie but no, everything looks great. 

i did test the gpu and ram sticks in a different build, they work.

tried: running with 1 stick, no ssds, clear cmos, removing the battery, shorting the 2 pins, checked thermal paste spreading, multiple monitors and cables, nothing. 

× second attempt: bought an asus tuf b550m-e, i did myself the bios update, everything went by the book. this has no debugging leds but again no post. everything else lights up and spins. 

is ithe 5800x3d dead on arrival?

thanks for any help.

This is why its so helpful to have another cpu to double check for insanity. 

It sounds like either the Bios Update failed, the PCIE is having a potential issue, or the CPU is DOA. Also make sure you have the cable plugged into the DP or HDMI in the closest slot to you, or try all the ports. Sometimes they are very particular with where the display goes.

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

This is why its so helpful to have another cpu to double check for insanity. 

It sounds like either the Bios Update failed, the PCIE is having a potential issue, or the CPU is DOA. Also make sure you have the cable plugged into the DP or HDMI in the closest slot to you, or try all the ports. Sometimes they are very particular with where the display goes.

same problem on 2 different boards updated to latest bios version, i would exclude. pcie issue, connector? again 2 new boards have been tested. psu cables are correct, 4 checks 2 times each mobo. cpu doa is my thought too

2 hours ago, Heliian said:

Where did you get the cpu? 

Can you return or exchange?  

yes i plan to check with the shop tomorrow

####### fixed. 

what i was supposed to do but it was nowhere to be found is update bios with each update chronologically. this worked on the b550m-e asus tuf 

waiting for the shop which i bought the asrock model to see if they can figure that one out :)