C100C just says "No Connection" after downloading big files at high speed

Artyimeus

I got a C100C a while ago. Since then as soon as i download big files like 60gb, it downloads at 500mb and goes upwards. after 5min my internet connection just goes away because the c100c doesnt get any internet anymore. It is still connected and found in device manager but it just says "No Connection". After a PC Reboot it works as usually. Always when i download big files, it just turns off. Why does it turn off because i dont think that it couldnt handle my 10gbit connection. Got new wires, new Switch and it works.

18 hours ago, Artyimeus said:

I got a C100C a while ago. Since then as soon as i download big files like 60gb, it downloads at 500mb and goes upwards. after 5min my internet connection just goes away because the c100c doesnt get any internet anymore. It is still connected and found in device manager but it just says "No Connection". After a PC Reboot it works as usually. Always when i download big files, it just turns off. Why does it turn off because i dont think that it couldnt handle my 10gbit connection. Got new wires, new Switch and it works.

I've been having this too recently, seemed to happen after a Windows Update, although some people say its the card overheating and can be helped by adding a fan blowing on the card.

I've had to revert that machine back Gigabit for now as I couldn't download anything on Steam.

Its telling as I have the same card on a Linux machine and it has zero problems, I may have to try swapping them.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

• 2 weeks later...

@Artyimeus I just updated my card to the latest firmware:
Marvell Public Drivers, Windows, AQC107, 1.8.0_3.1.121a: https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html and modded the xml file using the instructions https://www.rashedtalukder.com/updating-asus-xg-c100cs-aquantia-aqc107-firmware-and-drivers/ and so far managed to download a game without the network dropping.

Bear in mind this only works if yours is a v1 card but the firmware update will show the current firmware as 0.0.0 if its a v2 so you will know not to proceed.

Not sure if this will fix it long term as I notice when it goes down, even plugging into the on-board no longer works, so it seems its Windows networking itself that crashes requiring a reboot.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

• 5 weeks later...

Bad news, it dropped out again today.  I just swapped it out for an Intel i225, 2.5Gbit will have to do.

Strange thing is, I have the same model in my Linux box and that's fine.  It was running 84C under load, but enabling EEE on the switch brought it down to 80C under load.  Either way, its never dropped out like the one in the Windows machine.  So is it manufacturing variance and temperature, or a compatibility issue with AMD? (Linux box is Intel)

I never did think to check for newer AMD chipset drivers.