My computer won't start. First EVER build :(

skaran27

Like someone suggested earlier; plug a fan directly into the power supply via 3 pin fan header to molex adapter and see if the fan works. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Like someone suggested earlier; plug a fan directly into the power supply via 3 pin fan header to molex adapter and see if the fan works. 

Okay so if I get the molex adapter than what? Like where do I plug the molax cable into? Did molax cables come with my PSU?

Or what if I powered my CD Drive would that work?

Your PSU should come with Molex connectors yeah. since it's Modular.

anyone please??

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Your PSU should come with Molex connectors yeah. since it's Modular.

It does but how would I got about hooking a fan to it because after I hook up the molex at the end is female end meaning there is a 4 pin female side. So what do I plug into it?

3 pin to molex adapter

e28a5948_505a97e0_vbattach130761.jpeg

You need one of these connectors

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Or what if I powered my CD Drive would that work?

yes that would work with what I suggested in the previous post

My guess would be one of two things. Either your power supply came DOA or the motherboard is bad. You can check the power supply by removing it from the system, take a bare metal paper clip and use it to bridge the green wire on the 24-pin connector to any black wire, plug it in, then flip the switch, if the fan spins up and you here a slight buzz, it works, otherwise you'll need to RMA it. I'd also check it in another computer. If the power supply isn't the problem, its almost definitly your motherboard.

I FIXED THE PROBLEM GUYS. The AX PSU doesn't have a complete 24 pin connector its split into a big one and a small one I never plugged in the small one because I thought it wasn't needed.

I FIXED THE PROBLEM GUYS. The AX PSU doesn't have a complete 24 pin connector its split into a big one and a small one I never plugged in the small one because I thought it wasn't needed.

Seasonic does the same with their modular PSU's. Nice job on finding the problem! Enjoy your build that i'm totally jealous of lol.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Just wow. 

Way overbuilt, and way un-educated.

Glad you got it working though, I hate the feeling of something not working working as it should, especially with such expensive components.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."