Need help confirming my mobo was KIA.

PNickG

Hey all, 

I recently upgraded my pc and it was working fine until I regretfully decided to play val and had to enable secure boot. Upon going into the bios and changing the necessary settings, my pc would no longer boot and the VGA light was stuck on.

Things i've tried:

-reseating everything including ram,cpu,gpu, and using only one stick of ram

-reinstalling the same bios and clearing cmos via jumper and removing the battery

-plugging in my gpu to my old rig which shows it working and tried a different monitor and hdmi/dp

-using different pcie slots on my mobo

Unfortunately, I have a kf cpu so I cant test my mobo display connectors so I was hoping you guys could help me out before paying someone at canadacomputers to tell me what I already thought. Thanks for any help it's really appreciated!

Always list your specs. Anything that runs on PCIE lane has two suspects (atleast), CPU and motherboard.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Levent said:

Always list your specs. Anything that runs on PCIE lane has two suspects (atleast), CPU and motherboard.

Sorry forgot about that.

My specs are:

i5-13600kf

32gb corsair dominator ram 5600mhz 36

GIGABYTE AORUS ELITE AX WIFI Z690

1tb western digital SN770

Corsair Rme 1000w

lian li gallahad 240mm AIO

2 minutes ago, PNickG said:

Sorry forgot about that.

My specs are:

i5-13600kf

32gb corsair dominator ram 5600mhz 36

GIGABYTE AORUS ELITE AX WIFI Z690

1tb western digital SN770

Corsair Rme 1000w

lian li gallahad 240mm AIO

Apologies I actually missed a very crucial part. You cant just switch to UEFI boot. Disable Secure Boot, use legacy boot in bios and see if it boots.

10 minutes ago, PNickG said:

enable secure boot. Upon going into the bios and changing the necessary settings, my pc would no longer boot and the VGA light was stuck on.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Apologies I actually missed a very crucial part. You cant just switch to UEFI boot. Disable Secure Boot, use legacy boot in bios and see if it boots.

I'd love to but the problem is i have no display no matter what i do. My pc turns on gives the ok for cpu and ram then once it gets to the VGA light and check it just stops and stays there. There is no display and the computer even lets me shut it down normally without hard rebooting it.

1 minute ago, PNickG said:

I'd love to but the problem is i have no display no matter what i do. My pc turns on gives the ok for cpu and ram then once it gets to the VGA light and check it just stops and stays there. There is no display and the computer even lets me shut it down normally without hard rebooting it.

Do you have another graphics card that you can use?

Do you have another graphics card that you can use?

unfortunately i dont. i know that this gpu works in others but cant test the functionality of other gpus on this system as i dont have any. Do you think its best i just go the CC and let them figure it out?

Just now, PNickG said:

unfortunately i dont. i know that this gpu works in others but cant test the functionality of other gpus on this system as i dont have any. Do you think its best i just go the CC and let them figure it out?

Sadly that might be your only option if you did all of those things you listed in your original post.

Sadly that might be your only option if you did all of those things you listed in your original post.

I did indeed thanks for the help!