Ubiquiti udm se in appartment

Has anyone set up a ubiquiti udm se in an apartment?  Looking at upgrading my network but i could use some suggestions on installation.  It needs to go in my closet and i have to minimize the space i use up to appease my wife.  I was debating a wall mount rack but i am open to suggestions. 

Does your apartment have Ethernet drops leading somewhere along with power? Because that’s probably where your gear’s going to go. If there’s enough to justify a patch panel and all that, yeah a mini rack is nice. Otherwise… a lot of home users are going to chuck it on a shelf and just plug the Ethernet in and tuck it away. 

13 hours ago, The_iceman said:

Has anyone set up a ubiquiti udm se in an apartment?  Looking at upgrading my network but i could use some suggestions on installation.  It needs to go in my closet and i have to minimize the space i use up to appease my wife.  I was debating a wall mount rack but i am open to suggestions. 

A UDM-Pro-SE is very overkill for an apartment. Unless you need it for the type of work you do, I'd appease the wife and just get a UDR (white) or AmpliFi Alien (black) that can be placed out in the open for WiFi coverage and still look unobtrusive.

I wouldn't go with the dream machine unless you plan on adding cameras.